ADVERTISEMENT

RIP hammerin hank

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
I remember well watching him pass Ruth live. The fans that ran the bases with him...

I actually owned his rookie card as a kid. Our elderly neighbor passed away and his widow gave me a box of baseball cards he owned that he used to show me. When I came home from college i found my room redecorated and all my “toys” gone including the cards. Last I checked it was worth around 5k

Reactions: dadika13
One of my fondest memories was when I was playing American Legion baseball, we were driven down to Atlanta Fulton County Stadium to watch the Braves play the Giants. Got to see in person Hank Aaron and Willie Mays.

Some legendary stats from Hank:

- Would still have 3,000 hits even if he never hit a HR.
- 16 seasons in the top 10 in WAR
- 25 all star games

My hitters Mt Rushmore probably is Ruth, Mays, Hank, Ted Williams.

One of my fondest memories was when I was playing American Legion baseball, we were driven down to Atlanta Fulton County Stadium to watch the Braves play the Giants. Got to see in person Hank Aaron and Willie Mays.

I loved baseball as a kid. Watching and playing. Now I couldn’t tell you who won last years WS. Growing up in Asheville they were a farm team for the orioles. Saw lots of future stars play there. Their manager was cal Ripken whose son was cal jr. Played against him once in little league ball. He pitched a no hitter and hit 4 homers.

ADVERTISEMENT