ADVERTISEMENT

Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Nominees... Time to vote!

strummingram

Hall of Famer
Oct 1, 2010
https://g.co/kgs/koNQQg

1050x550-group_3.jpg

Easy picks for me this time!

T. Rex.
Thin Lizzy
The Doobie Brothers
Judas Priest
Pat Benatar

Todd MF Rundgren is a musical genius! Dude has contributed more to rock n roll than whitney Houston, but I'm sure she'll get in first. Boo

I'm kinda glad they do. In fact I feel like they should cut it back to 3 now so it makes it more meaningful
You have to have some pull just to get nominated. Rundgren was killer in The Nazz!

MC5 is a badass group, but they never really had any hits that are really well known and wound-up in tv commercials.

I tell you a few acts that I hope get some recognition-

George Thorogood, The Stray Cats, Bad Company, Steppenwolf, The Guess Who, Joe Cocker, Badfinger, Grand Funk Railroad, Rare Earth, Ted Nugent ... on and on.

And, the ROCK AND ROLL bands listed above deserve induction before acts like Snoopy-Dog-Dog and Notorious BIGGY. I'm still not a proponent of those acts being in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

You have to have some pull just to get nominated. Rundgren was killer in The Nazz!

MC5 is a badass group, but they never really had any hits that are really well known and wound-up in tv commercials.

I tell you a few acts that I hope get some recognition-

George Thorogood, The Stray Cats, Bad Company, Steppenwolf, The Guess Who, Joe Cocker, Badfinger, Grand Funk Railroad, Rare Earth, Ted Nugent ... on and on.

And, the ROCK AND ROLL bands listed above deserve induction before acts like Snoopy-Dog-Dog and Notorious BIGGY. I'm still not a proponent of those acts being in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.
Todd is a pretty damn good guitarist, and can play about any instrument. He produced some big albums (Bat out of Hell; New York Dolls, Badfinger, Grand Funk, etc). He was in Nazz, Utopia, as well as his solo career. He could've probably written a ton of radio-friendly rock/pop tunes, but that's not his style. He's not everyone's cup of tea, so to speak, but he's done a hell of a lot more for rock and roll than some pop-schlop diva singer (who might have a great voice, but that's about the extent of her contribution).

And yes, I agree that while I like some rap, it doesn't belong in the RnR HOF.

Kick Out the Jams! was pretty kick ass...

Reactions: strummingram
Todd is a pretty damn good guitarist, and can play about any instrument. He produced some big albums (Bat out of Hell; New York Dolls, Badfinger, Grand Funk, etc). He was in Nazz, Utopia, as well as his solo career. He could've probably written a ton of radio-friendly rock/pop tunes, but that's not his style. He's not everyone's cup of tea, so to speak, but he's done a hell of a lot more for rock and roll than some pop-schlop diva singer (who might have a great voice, but that's about the extent of her contribution).

Kick Out the Jams! was pretty kick ass...

Wayne Kramer (MC5) had the coolest signature Fender Stratocaster... Fender only made a short run of them:

Wayne-Kramer_MC5_1.jpg

fender-wayne-kramer-signature-flag-strat-rosewood-252491.jpg

kwixcczrviatgdb8ufza.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TarHeelMark
Racist

It hasn't been the rock and roll hall of fame for a long time. I don't know why they don't just go ahead and change it to the music hall of fame.

It hasn't been the rock and roll hall of fame for a long time. I don't know why they don't just go ahead and change it to the music hall of fame.

Exactly.

Bob Dylan had like 2 Rock and Roll albums and the rest of his career was blues/folk/etc. Should we take him out of the HOF? What about Joan Baez? Paul Simon? His buddy Garfunkel?

Something tells me everyone is ok with these non Rock and Roll artists being in there.

Reactions: tarheel0910
This is prob beating a dead horse but why not just call it “music hall of fame” or something similar since two thirds of the nominees arent rock n roll by any stretch. Anyway since its music in general:

Doobies
Whitney
Dmb
Rundgren
Judas

If it were rock n roll

Judas
Trex
Nine inch
Motorhead
Soundgarden

This is prob beating a dead horse but why not just call it “music hall of fame” or something similar since two thirds of the nominees arent rock n roll by any stretch. Anyway since its music in general:

Doobies
Whitney
Dmb
Rundgren
Judas

If it were rock n roll

Judas
Trex
Nine inch
Motorhead
Soundgarden
You don't think The Doobie Brothers is rock'n'roll?

Reactions: bluetoe
Yacht rock?
They’re just to the left of the line of my def of rock. They’re in that unnamed no mans land with eagles, bob seger, chicago etc. Maybe call it “rock and stroll”?
Bob Seger is rock n roll, man! Didn't you watch Joe Dirt???

Terry Kath was rock n fvckin roll! Jimi Hendrix was in awe of Kath.

Definitely! Chicago plummeted after Terry's untimely death.

I was mostly tounge in cheek there. The doobies are rock to me. Not hard rock, but definitely rock.
I may have shared a story here before about going to see Chicago in Reynolds Coliseum in '84, I think (maybe 85). My high school girlfriend LOVED Chicago 17... which sucked canal water, in my opinion. Anyway, during the concert, they actually played some good songs and she would yell "I didn't know they sang THIS SONG, TOO!" Yeah... no shit... they actually made music before "Hard Habit To Break" and "You're The Inspiration." Puke music.

One of the encores at the concert was "I'm A Man"... and, I admit that I didn't know they had recorded and released a version of that song. It was an unexpected surprise.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I may have shared a story here before about going to see Chicago in Reynolds Coliseum in '84, I think (maybe 85). My high school girlfriend LOVED Chicago 17... which sucked canal water, in my opinion. Anyway, during the concert, they actually played some good songs and she would yell "I didn't know they sang THIS SONG, TOO!" Yeah... no shit... they actually made music before "Hard Habit To Break" and "You're The Inspiration." Puke music.

One of the encores at the concert was "I'm A Man"... and, I admit that I didn't know they had recorded and released a version of that song. It was an unexpected surprise.
Yeah, I saw them in 82 and 84; after 16 and 17. Since I was too young to see them when Kath was still alive, I wanted to see them for the older stuff. Which they were still pretty good. But yeah those two david foster produced albums got them mega radio play but it sucked compared to the Kath era.

Reactions: strummingram
I made the change from a common creep
to Up Close and Personal with Robin Leech.
And I'm far from cheap, I smoke skunk with my peeps all day,
Spread love, it's the Brooklyn way.

I made the change from a common creep
to Up Close and Personal with Robin Leech.
And I'm far from cheap, I smoke skunk with my peeps all day,
Spread love, it's the Brooklyn way.
B.I.G., now it's my turn.

Everybody wake up in the morning
Everybody‘s hungry I know
Everybody wake up in the morning
It‘s breakfast time, let‘s go!

I was 14 when Life After Death came out and it instantly set a new bar for rap music. It really sucks that we only got 2 albums from Biggie.

Niggaz is mad I get more butt than ashtrays.
F*ck a fair one, I get mine the fast way.
Ski mask way

If I wasn't in the rap game, I'd probably have a key knee deep in the crack game
Because the streets is a short stop
Either you're slingin' crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT