ADVERTISEMENT

Roy's Legacy

tmatheny

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2002
I know UNC's spring sports are historically good but this spring seems even impressive for them. This has to be part of Roy's legacy (Wanda and him donated over $600,000 in scholarship money to Olympic sport athletes to return this year if they so choose to.)

Field Hockey- National Champ (technically fall sport but spring this year)
Women's Soccer- #2 overall and in NCAA final four
Men's Soccer- Quarterfinals of NCAA
Women's Lacrosse- NCAA #1 overall seed
Men's Lacrosse- NCAA #1 overall seed
Women's Tennis- #1 seed into NCAA Sweet 16; won NCAA Indoor National Champs
Men's Tennis- In NCAA Sweet 16; won NCAA Indoor National Champs
Men's Golf- NCAA #2 seed; shattered numerous ACC records in ACC Champs

True meaning of Family!

The Williams have given millions to their beloved U! Talk about the name on the front of the jersey!

Reactions: tmatheny
Roy's donations are noble, but am also he and his tax advisor found it very convenient. But forget that. Roy coming back to UNC basically saved the program that was just before going down the toilet with a mass exodus of whatever talent was on hand. Somehow Roy kept them at UNC and those players were the key players that brought an NC to UNC

• Sad
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
There are many people who can afford to be philanthropic but choose to not be. Why belittle the Williams’ generous donations by saying “he and his tax advisor found it very convenient”?

• Love
There are many people who can afford to be philanthropic but choose to not be. Why belittle the Williams’ generous donations by saying “he and his tax advisor found it very convenient”?
I give to my church beyond the normal. I do it for the love i have, and the byproduct is tax convenience. It can be both

Generosity is its own reward and if you don't get it here, you will once you face the ultimate judge! BUT: There is nothing wrong with being intelligent and reporting it on your taxes. This simply allows you to give more in the long run + the government can't be counted on to do as much good with it as a God Fearing man!

Reactions: Archer2
Generosity is its own reward and if you don't get it here, you will once you face the ultimate judge! BUT: There is nothing wrong with being intelligent and reporting it on your taxes. This simply allows you to give more in the long run + the government can't be counted on to do as much good with it as a God Fearing man
I understand completely. Giving is it’s own reward describes it succinctly. By all means, do it legally. But too few do it. I‘ve lived on a very tight budget my entire life, but I can always find many people/organizations who are worthy of support. Tunnel to Towers is my cause. There but for the grace of God. Roy and Wanda are good people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT