ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Pittman in the news

He is obese. And he should shave on game day. I hope that he gets medical attention. He looks unhealthy

Really? That’s your response to this thread? In case you haven’t noticed, half the people in the country are significantly overweight and half the men are unshaven.
Are you really surprised that he would make a dumbass comment?

Are you really surprised that he would make a dumbass comment?
I guess as a UNC fan it makes sense that whenever anyone brushes off the seriously overweight as necessarily unfit for some job in coaching, I think of Dean Smith's great admiration for Rick Majerus.

We need him here...both Pittman and Wilson
I assume that Pittman's time at UNC helped a great deal in steering Wilson to a UGA commitment.

Pittman is both a very good recruiter and an excellent OL coach - developing players and using them the best ways to help the team. He is worth a great deal.

Reactions: Archer2
I assume that Pittman's time at UNC helped a great deal in steering Wilson to a UGA commitment.

Pittman is both a very good recruiter and an excellent OL coach - developing players and using them the best ways to help the team. He is worth a great deal.
I agree a 100%

He is obese and I think that he would look a lot better if he shaved. That's what I can see. Can he coach? I don't know. I don't remember his offensive lines at UNC being anything special. If he doesn't improve his health, he probably won't coach much longer. The poster above who called my comments "dumbass" is incorrect. I hate typing that word because, like Coach Smith, I don't curse. The other poster brought up Rick Majerus. He died prematurely due to obesity.

Pittman is little different than most other coaches. Fan bases, and the media, cast coaches as geniuses, or idiots, when in fact neither is usually the case. Most often, those genius coaches magically seem to have the best talent to work with. A good example is Brent Venebles at Clemson. Now viewed as some type of defensive guru and genius on the sidelines. Few remember that he got the Clemson gig on the heels of being demoted on the Oklahoma staff because his defense couldnt stop a cold with those same schemes. Why? Seemed like during that time Oklahoma didnt recruit very well on the defensive side of the ball. At Clemson, half of his team is on the way to the NFL. Pretty easy when you have the studs. Pittman has the luck of working with some of the best offensive linemen in the country. Good coach. But there are a lot of good coaches rolling around when they have elite talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT