ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule

No idea unfortunately, but I do know that there are no juggernauts to be feared! We have a great chance to have a special year!

It is good to be back at the top of the pile again; now I pray that the play on the court matches the success in recruiting!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Unless tonight's reveal changes what's already been reported, we play 11 OOC games before Xmas.

Seven creampuffs and 4 very dangerous opponents.

The first game is 11/9 against Loyola (214), followed by 2 more tuneups on 11/12 and 11/16 against Brown (249) and Charleston (232), respectively.

Then it gets serious with back-to-back games in the Hall of Fame Tipoff on 11/20-21 where we first face Purdue (25), and then either Villanova (12) or Tennessee (28).

In other words, we're going to know a lot about our new coach and revised team by 11/21.

The other killer games before Xmas are against Michigan (3) and UCLA (13).

Tip: Make sure your TV package includes ESPNews or you might miss the Purdue game.

[numbers after team names are last year's Pomeroy rankings, FWIW]

In other words, we're going to know a lot about our new coach and revised team by 11/21.
I think all we are going to know at that point is what kind of system Hubert will be playing. Beyond that, it will take a few months to see how the team really plays and it will be 2-3 years before we know how good Hubert is. There will be extreme overreaction on this board from both sides.

Sad that expansion took away from some of the traditional home and aways.
I agree, non-conf should get us some play time to make sure everyone is ready.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Was hoping the away game at ND was on a weekend, but I may be able to find some wiggle room and make it there on a Wed. night.

Home and Away (number is last season's finish in the ACC)

3 - Virginia Tech
4 - Georgia Tech
7 - Louisville
9 - NC State
10 - Duke
11 - Notre Dame

20 game regular season is a trade off-More games in the best bball conference in the world balanced by fewer rivalry Home&Homes OOC! I wish we could simply rotate 2 H&H series with other Power 5 confs each year. Like Kentuck and Kansas one year; Then Indiana & UCLA the next and so on! I love the challenge and it would be great TV! Then add the home games for Srs and the Family + NC "gifts" like UNCG, Monmouth, NC Central, etc!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT