ADVERTISEMENT

SC's Dying LBs

SC had a bad run with those five.....makes you wonder about the other 7 on the roster.

As I type this, I am watching glib Michael Strahan on Good Morning America...after years of college and pro linebacker play....But then again, I always thought Dick Butkus was a little crazy.

But that made me look at FSU's 1989 LB roster...7 on roster. Had to google a lot, but

All seem to be doing fine in their respective professions....no apparent disruptions of yet.

CTE "deaths" are kinda like Covid deaths...

He died young and played football, has to be CTE related!!!

Sad stories, but perhaps this is correlation not causation. Plenty of NFL vets from the bygone more violent era live to be 85+.

Sad stories, but perhaps this is correlation not causation. Plenty of NFL vets from the bygone more violent era live to be 85+.

Except that’s not how it works at all, and they can confirm CTE through brain autopsies.

Except that’s not how it works at all, and they can confirm CTE through brain autopsies.
Yes they can confirm CTE. They cannot confirm how much CTE impacted their mental health if at all. They're still studying it and trying to understand it.

My point is, whenever a football player dies young now, immediately CTE is blamed. It's putting the cart before the house. You can have CTE and not be affected by it. It's possible.

Yes they can confirm CTE. They cannot confirm how much CTE impacted their mental health if at all. They're still studying it and trying to understand it.

My point is, whenever a football player dies young now, immediately CTE is blamed. It's putting the cart before the house. You can have CTE and not be affected by it. It's possible.

Well there’s been a trend of football players dying young and CTE almost certainly playing a role. Of course it’s possible to not be affected by it. But the data points towards a clear trend of CTE having a significant affect on cognitive abilities, emotional stability, suicidal tendencies etc.

I’m sure the baseline neurophysiology plays a big role too. Some people can take antidepressants and it changes their life for the better. Some people take them and blow their brains out a week later.

Well there’s been a trend of football players dying young and CTE almost certainly playing a role. Of course it’s possible to not be affected by it. But the data points towards a clear trend of CTE having a significant affect on cognitive abilities, emotional stability, suicidal tendencies etc.

I’m sure the baseline neurophysiology plays a big role too. Some people can take antidepressants and it changes their life for the better. Some people take them and blow their brains out a week later.
Yeah, there's always extenuating factors. I'm not saying CTE is nothing to be worried about -- i just don't like when people draw 1:1 correlation to things.

Yeah, there's always extenuating factors. I'm not saying CTE is nothing to be worried about -- i just don't like when people draw 1:1 correlation to things.

Sadly, I think we're only going to find more problems associated with CTE. And there's not really anything that can be done about it, aside from completely changing the way the game is played. And any changes that would address CTE would make the game unrecognizable. That's not going to happen so I think we'll continue to see more and more guys retiring early, and more 2 sport guys going towards baseball.

Sadly, I think we're only going to find more problems associated with CTE. And there's not really anything that can be done about it, aside from completely changing the way the game is played. And any changes that would address CTE would make the game unrecognizable. That's not going to happen so I think we'll continue to see more and more guys retiring early, and more 2 sport guys going towards baseball.
Baseball is already unrecognizable these days :(

Reactions: uncboy10

I see you get your Covid news off Facebook

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT