ADVERTISEMENT

Sharpe to the NBA

I mean, good luck to him and all that. But if I'm being honest... I'm freaking tired of this OAD crap. In a few years, I'll barely remember that he was a Heel, same as Bradley, Nas, etc.

I guess this is how UK and dook fans feel every year. And it sucks.
I'm also tired of the OAD, mainly those that come in knowing they are OAD.

I am okay with someone like Coby who has a great year and deciding to go. That was the right choice.

I believe Sharpe/Nas/Bradley would have all been better off coming back for their sophomore year.

I'm also tired of the OAD, mainly those that come in knowing they are OAD.

I am okay with someone like Coby who has a great year and deciding to go. That was the right choice.

I believe Sharpe/Nas/Bradley would have all been better off coming back for their sophomore year.
Yeah, Coby was unexpected. And guys like Marvin pretty much HAD to go. But like you said, these other guys would've likely become top 10 picks given a year as a starter.

Reactions: Heelicious
Call be crazy, but if Brooks and Leaky come back, both will come off the bench. There are much better players in the Transfer Portal. Brooks is not coming back per what I'm hearing.
There were better players that sat on the bench this year watching Brooks and Black start.

Why would it be any different next year if they were to come back?

lol . Heels r family! Carolina blue skieesss derp derrp! Hope plates cums back! Welcome back brook with open arms!

SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
There were better players on the bench this year and they didn't come off the bench.

Why would it be any different next year if they were to come back?

Easy answer. No good players like "Dawson Garcia" or "Efton Reid" will agree come to UNC to come off the bench. Brooks is not coming back. If he stays in college, I'm hearing that most likely he will go play for his father at Mississippi State.

lol I want whatever you’re smoking. If they started this year with 6 mcd aa on the team, how on earth won’t they start next year?

Roy has been humbled. There will be at least 15 players on the Transfer Portal better than Brooks and several willing to play for UNC. Rumor has it it Dawson Garcia is going to enter the portal. Would Brooks start over Dawson Garcia? Wait, don't answer that question. Google the UNC/Marquette game and take a look at Garcia operating....Then report back.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
^ We better promise him a specific number of minutes. Maybe we should let him tell us how many minutes he needs to get to satisfy his fragile 19 year old ego and then go from there. Hell, we should tell him he can implement whatever style suits him best. And don't dare bring up any kind of maturation process. I don't believe today's youth knows what that is, let alone would willingly participate.

As much as we thought last year was a monster recruiting class, it is very quickly turning into a bad one. If Love leaves, we are in trouble. Kessler leaving hurt a ton.
I hope Caleb Love bails. I never expected him to stay. I didn't expect Sharpe to stay. I'm expecting Love and Bacot to announce their departures soon enough. Good riddance to all of them, frankly. I have no real nostalgic appreciation for players who basically dump-on the UNC program by abandoning it prematurely. I'm sure they have their reasons for leaving, and I have my reasons for not acknowledging their presence on the team.

The players who come to college as OAD's are of no interest to me at all. They should have all been allowed to go pro and bypass the charade of "going to college." Kids that transfer because of their damaged egos, or their parent's egos? You are all dead to me as far as UNC "family." They are all named "Fredo." They were never in Chapel Hill as far as I'm concerned. But, my opinion matters to no one but me. They'll be just fine.

ETA: Is this about Day'ron? Okay... Day'ron, good luck developing in the pro game. You are one of the more forgettable UNC players.

hindsight is 20/20 but even without it--couldn't you see during the season Sharpe was best rebounder, the most athletic and best overall 4/5..I didn't see every game so surely there were bad games(foul trouble) for Sharpe, but I "feel" this tremendous lacking..Like in pro football running back are used and "used up" ... he could have been james Worthy-esque--not as fast or the ball handler, but just as versatile and a matchup problem...he committed early w/o a lot of effort to recruit--and now--something's missing here....basketball is a team game but if you got a star for year better to change/adapt and win the game for who know how the next yr will be

Not unexpected decision from Sharpe. And if money is on the table, I don't blame him one bit. The ship has been leaking water for two years now. Unless Roy brings in some big time transfers the ship may sink.

Reactions: bobcrane14
As much as we thought last year was a monster recruiting class, it is very quickly turning into a bad one. If Love leaves, we are in trouble. Kessler leaving hurt a ton.
Kessler leaving really hurts, but this is still not true. Sharpe was really good this year, and we probably got two long term starters (assuming they stay) in Walton and Davis. Puff may be good too.

I wish him well. He would have been a lottery pick next year if he had stayed.
That's what they said about Robert Williams, and he dropped in the draft after his sophomore year. I don't think anyone who can't shoot outside of 3 feet is getting picked super high unless they're Embiid type athletes (and even he can shoot).

Reactions: carolinablue34
Kessler leaving really hurts, but this is still not true. Sharpe was really good this year, and we probably got two long term starters (assuming they stay) in Walton and Davis. Puff may be good too.

That's what they said about Robert Williams, and he dropped in the draft after his sophomore year. I don't think anyone who can't shoot outside of 3 feet is getting picked super high unless they're Embiid type athletes (and even he can shoot).
Embiid is shooting around 40% last time I looked from NBA 3land. He has developed that skill greatly.

I hope Caleb Love bails. I never expected him to stay. I didn't expect Sharpe to stay. I'm expecting Love and Bacot to announce their departures soon enough. Good riddance to all of them, frankly. I have no real nostalgic appreciation for players who basically dump-on the UNC program by abandoning it prematurely. I'm sure they have their reasons for leaving, and I have my reasons for not acknowledging their presence on the team.

The players who come to college as OAD's are of no interest to me at all. They should have all been allowed to go pro and bypass the charade of "going to college." Kids that transfer because of their damaged egos, or their parent's egos? You are all dead to me as far as UNC "family." They are all named "Fredo." They were never in Chapel Hill as far as I'm concerned. But, my opinion matters to no one but me. They'll be just fine.

ETA: Is this about Day'ron? Okay... Day'ron, good luck developing in the pro game. You are one of the more forgettable UNC players.
Well said!!!

you seem angry.

Angry? not hardly.
e03e673bfb9db62a71e2ba180189d6ff_w200.gif

In baseball you can go pro straight out of high school.
if you go to college, you’re there for 3 years.
I've heard that college baseball is somewhat similar to college tennis... is that right? Their professional athletes/players operate on a totally different scheme. College tennis players are rarely, if ever, on pro tours.

I've heard that college baseball is somewhat similar to college tennis... is that right? Their professional athletes/players operate on a totally different scheme. College tennis players are rarely, if ever, on pro tours.
I have no idea about tennis. Baseball is usually a long road through the minor league system.
A great example is Jordyn Adams, the kid that signed with UNC on a football scholarship.
He decided to go pro in baseball, was drafted 17th by the Angels, signed for a little more than 4 million.
I don’t believe he’s yet to play in the majors.

I have no idea about tennis. Baseball is usually a long road through the minor league system.
A great example is Jordyn Adams, the kid that signed with UNC on a football scholarship.
He decided to go pro in baseball, was drafted 17th by the Angels, signed for a little more than 4 million.
I don’t believe he’s yet to play in the majors.

& probably won’t. One of my best friends is a scout for the Dodgers (finally got his ring this year) & said he basically had to take that money. Said the kid would likely be a career minor leaguer but if somebody thinks you’re that good & is willing to throw that kind of money at you, you gotta take it. I think he probably wanted to play football but you can’t turn down 4 mil or whatever it was.

Last edited:
In baseball you can go pro straight out of high school.
if you go to college, you’re there for 3 years.
I thought it was 2 but could be wrong. I think straight to the pros or 2 years is good for basketball tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT