ADVERTISEMENT

Sharpe to the NBA

It would be fine as a niche sport, if insurance agents playing ball is the level we seek, same as most college sports are other then football and basketball that are literally a billion dollar plus business due to the stars of tomorrow playing there. No way that is happening with the national attention and money as it is. None

I would like it as long as no one else can get good players looking to use college as a way to train for their chosen field, which is a very difficult, lucrative, and thriving field? If you don't want next level talent basketball players, fine, but saying "as long as no one else does want them" is strange. They want them, and so does UNC, that's why we spend so much money and tme to court the cream of the crop, they bring in millions more.

Read an article saying his stock has dropped to early second round. Seems about right. Not sure if he’s hiring an agent or not.

His game unfortunately won’t translate well at the next level, imo. Maybe he can create himself a Ben Wallace type niche?

Read an article saying his stock has dropped to early second round. Seems about right. Not sure if he’s hiring an agent or not.
Read that same article, but it seemed to read the opposite of the headline for it about falling. Said he has fluctuated from mid 1st, to low 1st, to 2nd most of this year. That the concensus now was late 1st, mid to late 20's ( I think 27 or 29 was the average)with a couple mid 1st and 2 early 2nd's as the outliers of those polled.

His team workouts will be huge for him, they will determine where in that wide range he eventually hears his name called.

NBAdraft.net now lists him at #46.

I wonder if there is some point at which he would elect to play another year in college. And if so, would it be for us?

Needless to say, I'd be delighted to have him back. He, Bacot and Manek can all get starter minutes, so everybody should be happy.

He always seemed like a happy camper when he was on the floor. That's always nice to see.

I wonder if there is some point at which he would elect to play another year in college. And if so, would it be for us?

Needless to say, I'd be delighted to have him back. He, Bacot and Manek can all get starter minutes, so everybody should be happy.

He always seemed like a happy camper when he was on the floor. That's always nice to see.
You would assume he would come back to us, at least i would. Even with bacot and manek, thats only 3 legit big guys, soo plenty plenty of playing time avaliable, also with manek, just like for bacot he could really really open up things for some one on one matchups for sharpe downlow,

NBAdraftnet is not very well respected. Most have him late 1st, early 2nd (think 29 is his average). He will be a interesting case, workouts are going to be HUGE. Anywhere from 20 to early mid 30's looks to be the best bet, unless he really turns a GM's head or he has a major misstep.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
His game unfortunately won’t translate well at the next level, imo. Maybe he can create himself a Ben Wallace type niche?
I disagree. I really like his playmaking ability. A plus passer for a center. I think he can be a good screen, and dive player who can make the right pass if the defense has to rotate towards him. He probably won't be able to score in isolation and will need to show he can defend ball screens. But I can see him being a starting caliber NBA center, or a rotational big guy. I think his game translates pretty well because he can pass it well. I think he projects much better than Bacot does.

He has such a higher upside then Bacot. He showed he can move laterally, the Duke game etc. playing perimeter dee, raw, but it's there. he has a raw passing skill set, etc. He has to show He can be a Bam Abadayo versatile big, has to develop that though. He shows some ability/ skill set to do so. In college for next year or two he would rightfully stay on the block and "Bogart" the weaker guys under the bucket. Great to go to win a National Championship, but not very productive for what he has to develop to be among the best in the world level for bigs that the NBA will require of him.

His choice is clear, work on what you need, all day everyday getting paid to do so with specialized coaches, or be big man on campus, dominant under the bucket, and bask in those years of limelight. No real choice, he needs to go to work, and develop !!!!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
NBAdraftnet is not very well respected. Most have him late 1st, early 2nd (think 29 is his average). He will be a interesting case, workouts are going to be HUGE. Anywhere from 20 to early mid 30's looks to be the best bet, unless he really turns a GM's head or he has a major misstep.
Yeah, NBAdraft.net isn't the best, especially early on. But it's free.

What are some of the (preferrably free) links you use?

Reactions: Ozheelfan
He would be one scary good TE!

He could also develop into a monster pro Big if the right coach gets him!

Yeah, NBAdraft.net isn't the best, especially early on. But it's free.

What are some of the (preferrably free) links you use?
You could just check some of the main stream reporters assignedto the league. CBS sorts, SI, USA today, NBC sports, NBA.com, various newspaper beat guys, etc. They all will have mock drafts outside of their premium every so often.

I will contact Bill Belichik, and tell him to use a 7th round pick on Sharpe
With all due respect to Sharpe, he doesn’t have the best hands in the world. Unless he’s dunking the football over the goalpost I would favor another TE.

ADVERTISEMENT