ADVERTISEMENT

Slime continues…

Got your math a little off. He's in the 2022 class which means he will be the first class to play for Jon S.

Haha - gotcha, still think it is is setting up ESPN to be annoying all year trying to build up Schyer so they can keep the Dook love fest going.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Hard to believe he turned down $500K from the G-League.

So far it isn't clear that the G-League is as good at promoting draft status as playing in college, but $500K is still $500K.
Done the right way, exposure at Duke could far exceed or at least equal or come close and not to mention what opportunities open up down the line for him by committing and staying the course...ie) alumni and etc...

Reactions: djnach
Done the right way, exposure at Duke could far exceed or at least equal or come close and not to mention what opportunities open up down the line for him by committing and staying the course...ie) alumni and etc...

I rarely ever lol, but that made me. I’m sure that’s his intention, just like Jabari, just like Jahlil, just like Ingram……..the list is endless. I had dookies tell me Zion was coming back. Un f’ing real! Please tell me the last time a 5 star stayed more than 6 months at dook!

#semesterhood

Last edited:
I rarely ever lol, but that made me. I’m sure that’s his intention, just like Jabari, just like Jahlil, just like Ingram……..the list is endless. I had dookies tell me Zion was coming back. Un f’ing real! Please tell me the last time a 5 star stayed more than 6 months at dook!

#semesterhood

3 & 4 stars are heading out of that shithole after 1 year because they can’t stand the stench. Hello DJ & Henry, & Frank, etc.

#semesterhood

Well you completely misunderstood then, as I expect Dariq to be OAD....what I meant by stay the course was actually keeping his commitment and playing next season not taking the G-LEAGUE deal

His older brother might have been the worst player to ever wear a Panthers uniform last year. Going from Kuechly to him was brutal

#semesterhood
Tre jones?

brotherhood pays more $$ ... dooks recruiting will not let up any even after k's ego tour retirement party

Some kids will make 500K+ in NIL per year. You have kids leaving high school early to take advantage of NIL. It's a completely different beast now.

Mikey Williams has 2 more years in high school and he just signed a 5M deal.

Kids that just don't want to deal with college classes will go to the G-League (provided they are top 10 types).

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I hate to say it but Dook is playing chess while we're playing checkers. Big mistake taking Will Shaver as he's a big project. Washington I think will be a fine player but needs to get healthy and stronger. Taking commitments from Shaver and Washington ran Traudt off. Traudt is a much better fit and player then Shaver. Nickel is coming in for a visit and by all accounts really likes Carolina but he's another non athletic slow footed defender but he can shoot. Whitmore also coming for a visit and would be a good get.

I hate to say it but Dook is playing chess while we're playing checkers. Big mistake taking Will Shaver as he's a big project. Washington I think will be a fine player but needs to get healthy and stronger. Taking commitments from Shaver and Washington ran Traudt off. Traudt is a much better fit and player then Shaver. Nickel is coming in for a visit and by all accounts really likes Carolina but he's another non athletic slow footed defender but he can shoot. Whitmore also coming for a visit and would be a good get.
I agree...but hope we're both wrong.

• Sad
Have you guys watched any of these guys play? Anybody can see that Hubs is killing the recruiting trail! He filled this year's team with exactly what we needed and already has peeps lined up to commit. puke is behind and playing catch up. Many of puke's fans and players are probably very good at chess! UNC is playing basketball, however! Shaver is NOT a project and Washington will soon be tearing up the ACC! But puke got a recruit so they are back on top....please! Money train and evil rat lord are leaving = multiple arse whuppins!

Hubert Davis will continue to run circles around Duke.
Have you guys watched any of these guys play? Anybody can see that Hubs is killing the recruiting trail! He filled this year's team with exactly what we needed and already has peeps lined up to commit. puke is behind and playing catch up. Many of puke's fans and players are probably very good at chess! UNC is playing basketball, however! Shaver is NOT a project and Washington will soon be tearing up the ACC! But puke got a recruit so they are back on top....please! Money train and evil rat lord are leaving = multiple arse whuppins!
Carolina blue goggles....lol....I can dig it, but I'm just acknowledging that Scheyers got two big recruiting wins, at the moment.

Judging from comments in another thread, I may have been undervaluing how much a kid can "earn" from NIL.

Maybe $500K from the G-League isn't as compelling as I'm thinking.

Big mistake taking Will Shaver as he's a big project.
When I watched his clips I felt he was far from ready, but showed promise. I don't think he'll end up being a bench warmer like too many of our projects over the last decade. And with him coming early to learn the ropes and bulk up, he could be ready faster than I thought.

I can't promise he'll become a starter, but I feel pretty confident he'll wind up in the regular rotation, earning good PT. Maybe not as a frosh, but perhaps as soon as his soph year.

Same old dook bs! Both are likely to be one and done! The majority of all their offers are one and done! That’s worked out great for them...I love how Hubert has offered a mixture of players that could possibly be one and done! And some that are 2 to 3 yr players...our class as far as fit and talent go has been awesome so far! Add Whitmore and another solid versatile big and we have a top 10 class with a lot of returning talent as well

Add Whitmore and another solid versatile big and we have a top 10 class
Heck, just adding Whitmore would have made this class #5 last year and #7 in 2020.

That's using the 247 Class Calculator. Which is fun to play around with.

Whimore raises this class value from 61.04 to 66.12.

If you also add Traudt (since my preferred way to round out this class is to land both Whitmore and Traudt) the class value rises to 67.40. (Each new player adds less.)

That's still only good for #5 last year, but would have jumped us to #3 in 2020.

UNC Googles? That mean absolutely nothing. Hubs filled our roster with the exact players we needed as soon as he took over = fact. Hubs is collecting peeps he wants and is on the list for everyone else = fact. Face got two recruits = fact. I don't see how an objective person could say puke is ahead, but .....

I also see evidence that Hubs can keep our train rolling and possibly get it back up to speed. The play on the court will tell us even more = fact. It will be 2 years before we see any evidence for or against Face, but chess is a fun game!

Reactions: TheGLOV
I kind of think Hubert may be playing a new game. Scheyer has done what dook has been doing, bring in highly rated guys. Hubert has shown he can use the transfer portal to bring in guys highly valued. If he shows he can mix them in and improve their stock he makes UNC a destination for those guys. Roy did it with Cam and Baylor used transfers to win a title.

UNC's name will get them in to see the hs kids. Hubert has already shown he can close on those guys. If he can bring some 5 stars AND impact transfers he is sitting pretty. Maybe scheyer is still riding k's rep and hasn't ventured out on his own yet.

Under stress Rats have been know to carry their babies in their mouth! It is hard to recruit while dangling from an Old Man's mouth! ( I assume, lol)

I don't give a crap how well dook recruits, it hasn't done much for them lately (except win preseason championships and ESPN Most Valuable Team awards). I hope the rivalry remains intense and UNC manages to win more than we lose. Go Heels !!!

ADVERTISEMENT