ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry Woad

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

North Carolina:
Former Miami offensive line coach Stacey Searels is joining the UNC staff in the same post, tweets Bruce Feldman. Searels previously coached the offensive line for Mack Brown at Texas from 2011-13.
When Mack was allowing Texas to dip. Those were winning Texas teams, unlike the losing team in 2010, but they were not at the level Texas wants and expects.

Searels has been at a number of P5 schools. He is always touted as a great OL coach. His OLs always are high average at best, with most fans of the programs sorely disappointed.

If true we should have kept Kap
Searles has been in the ACC Coastal now for 5 consecutive seasons, 2 at VT and 3 at Miami. Have you ever read a single sports article about how good a job he has done developing talent and getting an excellent OL on the field? Have you ever read an internet poster saying how he fears his teams Front 7 will be embarrassed, or even simply outplayed, by a Stacy Searles OL?

You may have seen articles with titles like 'Miami's Struggles on the OL Are Not the Fault of Coaching,' and "Tech's Lackluster OL Play Baffles Coaches.'

Searles is at best a mediocre OL coach. Mack ought to have more sense and less sentimentality for former assistants.

I think I'll take Nike Ingersoll's opinion over yours as he loves the signing of Searels and thi ks we were fortunate Jones left. Woad you really don't know as much about football as you think you do.

I think I'll take Nike Ingersoll's opinion over yours as he loves the signing of Searels and thi ks we were fortunate Jones left. Woad you really don't know as much about football as you think you do.
I never cared for Jones either.

And Searles might finally deliver. But he has been in the ACC Coastal for 5 years, and he has not delivered yet. Perhaps his time at VT was wasted because of the end of the Beamer years, and perhaps Richt so messed up the Miami offense starting with QBs that Searles could not have achieved any more there. But so far Searles has not proven to be a 1st rate OL coach.

Only in your eyes Woad which fortunately don't effing matter to Mack and other knowledgeable football coaches who keep hiring this guy over and over at some pretty big football schools but what do they know over the legendary status of the Woad.

Only in your eyes Woad which fortunately don't effing matter to Mack and other knowledgeable football coaches who keep hiring this guy over and over at some pretty big football schools but what do they know over the legendary status of the Woad.
You think I am the only person who assesses Searles 5 years in the ACC Coastal as anything but truly successful? Perhaps you should go to Miami and VT boards and ask those fans what they think about what Searles accomplished at their schools. Then go ask Texas fans what they think about the OLs he produced there.

Perhaps every fan group is wrong about Searles, and his OLs always have been very good or great. Perhaps you should show them, and me, the many OLs coached by Searles that have been consensus rated among the best 3 or 4 in their conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT