ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Cal RB Darwin Barlow Transferring to UNC

I wonder if this is a sign that coaches plan on running the ball more next yr. Otherwise i'd love to hear the recruiting pitch that has this guy using his final yr here.

"We have one of the nation's best RBs in Hampton, we just lost an amazing QB there is no way in hell Hampton isn't getting a ton of touches, do want the leftover scraps?". Doesn't seem like a great selling point unless the point is "We have a great RB who is going to get a bulk of the touches, but we're going to run so much that you'll 10+ carries as the backup".

I wonder if this is a sign that coaches plan on running the ball more next yr. Otherwise i'd love to hear the recruiting pitch that has this guy using his final yr here.

"We have one of the nation's best RBs in Hampton, we just lost an amazing QB there is no way in hell Hampton isn't getting a ton of touches, do want the leftover scraps?". Doesn't seem like a great selling point unless the point is "We have a great RB who is going to get a bulk of the touches, but we're going to run so much that you'll 10+ carries as the backup".
Hoping we have a redo of 2020 with Cater and Williams both going over a 1,000 yards….Hampton had over 1400 yards last year…This kid got lost in the shuffle at USC and many Trojan fans felt like he was the best back on the roster…Myself I want to get back to running the Football and playing good defense…

Hoping we have a redo of 2020 with Cater and Williams both going over a 1,000 yards….Hampton had over 1400 yards last year…This kid got lost in the shuffle at USC and many Trojan fans felt like he was the best back on the roster…Myself I want to get back to running the Football and playing good defense…
I doubt Barlow is that good.I do think we can have Hampton get 1500 yards in 12 gams, and maybe shoot for closer to 1800. Barlow then can give him rest and pick up another 300-500. Johnson is perfect the a QB managing that RB game with a lot of play action passing. I'd play Nesbitt at WR with Johnson brother at TE and Copenhaver backing him and also sometimes 2nd TE/HB. Maybe even Galloway can find 3-4 smaller WRs with some speed to play well and try to gets DBs to play deep.

Reactions: Kool1234567
after 53 years of watching college football i've arrived at the opinion that talented RB's are plentiful, it's the OL that really matters. a good OL can give even a so-so RB enough daylight to gain yardage. a weak OL can make life difficult for any RB, even good ones. an OL that is cohesive, experienced, and hardened in the weight room can win championships.

after 53 years of watching college football i've arrived at the opinion that talented RB's are plentiful, it's the OL that really matters. a good OL can give even a so-so RB enough daylight to gain yardage. a weak OL can make life difficult for any RB, even good ones. an OL that is cohesive, experienced, and hardened in the weight room can win championships.

Having enough daylight to gain yards is one thing, but you still need a RB with the vision to see it. I agree that the OL is more fundamental though.

Having depth at RB is crucial though, especially with a powerful runner like Hampton. He’s going to be even harder to bring down in the fourth quarter if we have a rotation guy that’s good enough to save his legs a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT