ADVERTISEMENT

T J Thorpe to UVA

mahncpa1

Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2004
On twitter, classy note of his decision. But doesn't he have to sit out two years?

This post was edited on 1/5 10:18 PM by mahncpa1

Originally posted by mahncpa1:
On twitter, classy note of his decision. But doesn't he have to sit out two years?

This post was edited on 1/5 10:18 PM by mahncpa1
Is he graduating?

He may have with one year of eligibility left. He could play immediately. I wish him the best
Except when he plays against us.

Originally posted by mahncpa1:
He may have with one year of eligibility left. He could play immediately. I wish him the best
Except when he plays against us.
I checked, and he graduated in Dec. So he can play at UVA this Spring and next fall.

His mesage sounds as if he feels he got shafted in PT and opportuntiies to catch the ball. Injuries certainly hurt him, but the fact is that we have a great deal of talent at WR. That and, especailly, a QB who runs all the time add up to mean that all our WRs get shortchanged.

Mack Hollins stepping up this season took a lot of plays from TJ. I don't really fault him for trying to
Get on the field more.

Originally posted by franklin street:
he gets to transfer within the conference?
Within the division, no less.

I'm a TJ Thorpe fan, but this is a headscratcher. I'm glad that he gets to continue his education at another good school. Just feels like a slap in the face of the football program and its fans. Fedora must not have placed any restrictions on his transfer.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

Originally posted by franklin street:
he gets to transfer within the conference?
Within the division, no less.

I'm a TJ Thorpe fan, but this is a headscratcher. I'm glad that he gets to continue his education at another good school. Just feels like a slap in the face of the football program and its fans. Fedora must not have placed any restrictions on his transfer.
Could Fedoras have placded restrictions? I though that whne you gradaute and get accepted into a post-grad program elsewhere that in some way is not exactly lkike what your 1st school offered, you could go and play immediately without any approval from your 1st coach.

Unless UVA is the only school in a P5 league, or reasonably close to home, that would take him, he should not have made it. Playing against your team of 4 years is to both your teammates and the coaches who have worked with you.

Well if he didn't like not getting any balls thrown his way for us, I'm not sure why he would chose to play for UVa. They don't throw the ball all that successfully and I'm sure they have some kind of pecking order already in place. Bizarre decision to me. But good luck to the guy. I do love Charlottesville.

It irritates me that he transferred within the conference and, furthermore, within the division AND to a rival, but I can't be overly upset because I have to stick with my principles here. What I mean by that is, like I've said on here a few times, I strongly disagree with schools' and coaches' ability/right to block players from transferring to certain schools. I strongly, strongly disagree with that concept. I understand why they want to prevent players from transferring to certain places, but I don't like it. Players should be free to go wherever they want.

He left because he is not as good as our other players at his position..Siimple as that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT