ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heelettes

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Last year, we had the big brouhaha that forcibly ended Sylvia Hatchell's career. Hatchell had had problems with some players over the previous few years, at least a couple of which sounded to me to be as crazy, and vicious, as Rashad McCants.

But all that was to be set aside for UNC women's basketball to have a better future. This season began well enough, with a 16-6 record. Then UNC lost 8 consecutive games, including the 1st round of the ACC tournament to Wake. UNC finishes 16-14, on a bad slide downward.

Did UNC make the wrong hire? Winning in the Ivy League is not like winning in the ACC.

Last year, we had the big brouhaha that forcibly ended Sylvia Hatchell's career. Hatchell had had problems with some players over the previous few years, at least a couple of which sounded to me to be as crazy, and vicious, as Rashad McCants.

But all that was to be set aside for UNC women's basketball to have a better future. This season began well enough, with a 16-6 record. Then UNC lost 8 consecutive games, including the 1st round of the ACC tournament to Wake. UNC finishes 16-14, on a bad slide downward.

Did UNC make the wrong hire? Winning in the Ivy League is not like winning in the ACC.
Why would this be the question you ask? Have you any insight into how and why the girls finished the way they did?

I can say I have watched the women play this year. The future is bright but we had no depth and a couple key injuries on the team. So I think probably in the middle of the year fatigue set in and the ladies just got tired. Hard to run a full season with 6 maybe 7 good players. I do know most of the team is back next year and we have a pretty good crop of freshmen coming in next year so I think we made the right hire with Banghart(sp)......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT