ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels vs. GT game thread

Pull Elliott's scholarship and let him know he will never play another snap at UNC after 2018. Inform Fortin and Ruder that they will be battling it out for the starting job in 2019, and hope they don't transfer out.
That's a little much.

Reactions: Archer2
That's a little much.

Maybe. I'd rather use the scholarship for someone that can contribute to us winning games instead of outright losing them. Nathan Elliott has no business taking snaps as a D1 QB.

Maybe. I'd rather use the scholarship for someone that can contribute to us winning games instead of outright losing them. Nathan Elliott has no business taking snaps as a D1 QB.
Well, the only person left is Miles.

Well, the only person left is Miles.

That's why I said he shouldn't get any snaps after 2018. We'll presumably have four healthy guys ready to compete for the starting job in 2019. Elliott will be by far the least talented of the group.

You were right though. That comment was a bit much. I was pissed AF after watching us lose another game that we could have won. But I will stand by the point that Elliott should not take a single snap in 2019 unless Ruder, Fortin, and Chazz all get injured.

That's why I said he shouldn't get any snaps after 2018. We'll presumably have four healthy guys ready to compete for the starting job in 2019. Elliott will be by far the least talented of the group.

You were right though. That comment was a bit much. I was pissed AF after watching us lose another game that we could have won. But I will stand by the point that Elliott should not take a single snap in 2019 unless Ruder, Fortin, and Chazz all get injured.
I think that’s the only way he plays. I don’t think this staff has taken any joy having to play him. They keep trying to replace him.

Like the one poster says, Elliott playing in a D1 game is not the right move, He is a D2 QB

Like the one poster says, Elliott playing in a D1 game is not the right move, He is a D2 QB
Elliott is much better than that. We are in a P5. Then there is the Group of 5. Then there is 1AA/FCS. And then there is D2.

Elliott can't be the starter on a team winning a P5 (unless it has a monster D and a great set of RBs running behind a great OL). But Elliott could be sound as a Group of 5 QB and could be very good as a 1AA QB.

He is a typical coach's son QB who knows the game very well and makes a truly great teammate.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT