ADVERTISEMENT

$tate got rolled

4 wins over non-conf. cream puffs
2 wins over horrendous FSU and Louisville
2 HOME wins over decent BC and UVA
... had to go to OT to beat our sorry team

Not any impressive wins on that list.

What a great way to close out 2018. If they would have played the game against WVU, they would have only won 8 games. Dull Dave is 0-16 against teams that ended the season ranked.
That sounds like a Fedora stat.

4 wins over non-conf. cream puffs
2 wins over horrendous FSU and Louisville
2 HOME wins over decent BC and UVA
... had to go to OT to beat our sorry team

Not any impressive wins on that list.
And remember that BC was without their star RB for that game.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
And remember that BC was without their star RB for that game.
Yeah, but you are forgetting that beating us was a HUGE win because Swofford had the entire ACC praying for a solid week before the game for UNC to win - and he also paid off the refs.

Reactions: matt 1976
Mack is in position to make Moo suffer from his first year back. Moo is ripe for dismantling.

Doeren's success was based on his ability to bring in NC kids. Now that Mack is back in Chapel Hill, I don't see that same in-state recruiting success happening in Raleigh.

Go Heels!

Reactions: JimmyinVA
I know that their in-state basketball recruits really seem to like that they are an Adida$ school. Not sure about the football players.

not sure state has recruited nc kids better than us except for the last class. with our record the last couple of years, rumors of fed getting the boot, and fed & crew pissing off the nc high school coaches - it's no surprise things went bad

Reactions: ticket2ride04
not sure state has recruited nc kids better than us except for the last class. with our record the last couple of years, rumors of fed getting the boot, and fed & crew pissing off the nc high school coaches - it's no surprise things went bad
This.

You guys need to go back and look at NC States recruiting rankings.

for all that was going on, fed recruited well. wish we had done better on the defensive side but overall was good. the problems came after recruiting

Yep. I did a break down of recruiting and we were better every year except this last year.
I can accept criticism that Larry underachieved against State. But I can’t buy the narrative Doeren is some great coach is who kicked ass on the recruiting trail. For the last 3 years, we’ve been beat up, especially last 2 years, and State has been relatively healthy with more talent on the field. They’ve also maintained continuity on their staff. They’ve had a charmin soft schedule with Louisville and FSU way down.

Let’s see how Dave does as he starts to lose coaches and has to groom a QB.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I can accept criticism that Larry underachieved against State. But I can’t buy the narrative Doeren is some great coach is who kicked ass on the recruiting trail. For the last 3 years, we’ve been beat up, especially last 2 years, and State has been relatively healthy with more talent on the field. They’ve also maintained continuity on their staff. They’ve had a charmin soft schedule with Louisville and FSU way down.

Let’s see how Dave does as he starts to lose coaches and has to groom a QB.

Just because Larry wasn't the answer doesn't mean that State is some kind of good program.

Not even a little, losing is losing and a 9-4 record can in no way make a 3-9 record feel better. I don't think an old man can turn it around.
If you weren’t worried about the old man, then you wouldn’t be over here talking about UNC football. Dull Dave maxed out at 9 wins with a terrible schedule. Hell, even Larry was able to get 11 wins, lol!

Not even a little, losing is losing and a 9-4 record can in no way make a 3-9 record feel better. I don't think an old man can turn it around.
No one here cares what you think, so go feed the cows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT