ADVERTISEMENT

The Condiment Tournament - Ladle Region Sweet 16

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
You know what to do. Voting opens now and closes early next week or whenever I get around to it.

L16_swl17a.png

Copy/paste for easy voting:

1. BBQ Sauce - Vinegar Based
4. Salt

11. Sour Cream
10. Ranch

You should be evicted from the Tar Heel State, good sir. And you're a native ENC to boot!

My vote is

1. BBQ Sauce - Vinegar Based (because duh)

10. Ranch (because duh)
I voted for it because of the versatility. But I will agree it’s more a seasoning than condiment.

it is a seasoning and not a condiment, so I have no idea WTF it's doing in this tournament to begin with.
Definition of condiment
: something used to enhance the flavor of food; especially : a pungent seasoning (Merriam-Webster)

A condiment is a spice, sauce, or preparation that is added to food to impart a particular flavor, to enhance its flavor,[1] or in some cultures, to complement the dish. (Wikipedia)

Why are you so afraid of being wrong? I figured you'd be used to it by now.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Definition of condiment
: something used to enhance the flavor of food; especially : a pungent seasoning (Merriam-Webster)

A condiment is a spice, sauce, or preparation that is added to food to impart a particular flavor, to enhance its flavor,[1] or in some cultures, to complement the dish. (Wikipedia)

Why are you so afraid of being wrong? I figured you'd be used to it by now.
I don't need the Internet to tell me what is a condominium and what isn't. All I need is common sense. Seasonings are not condiments, they are seasonings. GFY.

ETA: Yeah, I said condominium and I'm not editing it. GFY again.

Can anyone stop BBQ Sauce? Could there be a showdown between vinegar-based and his cousin tomato-based in the championship game? First, vinegar-based BBQ will have to get past a legitimate contender named ranch, which was invented by a #VisitNebraska (cc: @nctransplant) cowboy in the 1950s (look it up, you rubes).

We're down to the Elite 8 and the remaining tournament seeds are 1, 1, 6, 8, 10, 10, 12, and 14. As if there were any doubt, this definitely proves that OOTBers are a bunch of angry malcontents who will vote against the very condiments they themselves nominated. #leghumpers

More voting is coming soon.

L8_s7myj6.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT