ADVERTISEMENT

The Dean Smith picture thread

Mike, I appreciate it. Sent a few hours ago. I have a couple good shots from #877 game I'll try to locate if you don't mind.

Saltee's pics..........................

O312776.jpg

O312775.jpg

Just join Rivals' TI but have been on Scout's IC forever. Love the contents here and appreciate these pictures, sure brought back lot of fond memories.....

Reactions: shun1
Who is miss wunka? I googled. No result

I hope you are just picking with me. I thought maybe you were Lydia Green the actress, who played an Ewok named Wunka in the movie Return Of The Jedi.

"Wunka was an Ewok from Bright Tree Village on the moon Endor. During the Battle of Endor, Wunka and the other Ewoks sided with the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Wunka and Widdle Warrick aided the Wookiee Chewbacca in capturing an AT-ST walker and turning it against the Empire's forces."

Man enough to admit I teared up watching that. So many great memories from my childhood growing up in Gastonia that I will forever cherish. You truly are a North Carolina and American treasure Coach!

Reactions: Steat and Archer2
Deez,

Tell us something about Gastonia legend James Worthy. I don't know your timeframe, but I'm always interested in this stuff. Did you see Worthy's potential when he was in high school?

I tear up every time I watch that tribute. Every single time. What can I say? He’s one of my biggest sports idols. I still miss him. I will never forget him.

Steat I was a young man(born in ‘73) when James was in high school. My first memory of him was while he was at Carolina. My wife’s uncle went to Hunter Huss and played against him in high school and said James was a freak of nature.

Reactions: Steat
Steat I was a young man(born in ‘73) when James was in high school. My first memory of him was while he was at Carolina. My wife’s uncle went to Hunter Huss and played against him in high school and said James was a freak of nature.

Deez, thanks for the update. Your comments echo everything I have heard about James coming up through high school.

Deez, thanks for the update. Your comments echo everything I have heard about James coming up through high school.
You’re welcome brother. Gastonia is extremely proud of James and Sleepy. To have those two battling for a National championship in New Orleans in ‘82 was a proud moment for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT