ADVERTISEMENT

THI Podcast: Larry Fedora's Future?

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
Brett Friedlander of the North State Journal joins me to discuss the elephant in the room, football coach Larry Fedora and his job security at UNC.

Thank you for sharing that podcast.

I listened to it twice.

A few things really stood-out to me. Let me preface with reminding anyone who reads this- I'm not a football guru. Anyway, the variable of Mitch Trubisky being BACk another year was a biggie. He said "No one at the season-opener against UGA ever thought that Mitch would be gone that year and be the #2 pick in the draft." So... that was a major factor in the way things have turned-out.

However, what was even more important to me was, he mentioned that by the time the Duke game rolled-around, and before it was ultimately lost, and then the loss to State, and then the loss to Stanford, and then Mitch goes pro... He believed that Larry Fedora expected to have his "dream job" and wouldn't be at UNC anyway, and therefore wasn't trying as hard to recruit, and wasn't giving it a solid effort. I dunno how much of that statement was conjecture, or assumption, or gut feeling. The point is; If that is even remotely the case? Then, Fedora should be canned on Sunday, after the NCSU game. He should have been canned after the ECU game if any of that comment was legitimate.

To me, this is proof-positive that Fedora doesn't even really want to be at UNC. He got his meal ticket $$$, and was hoping to be somewhere else, but his inadequacy has him stuck here. He's not devoted to this school, nor this program. He's never going to be devoted to it in the long-term. And, for the results he's produced? There's the door, dude.

I agree, it’s definitley Texas or possibly OU as a backup. Which he can completely give up on now.

Time for him to go work on his abs, drink some Red Bull and enjoy an extended vacation. I don’t hate the guy. I’m grateful for the 2015 season. But it’s time to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT