ADVERTISEMENT

THI TV: Everything QB Coach & OC Phil Longo Said Friday

The one quote about the two QB's being different blew my mind. I dont think I have ever heard a coach make that comment.

The one quote about the two QB's being different blew my mind. I dont think I have ever heard a coach make that comment.
They are very different. But Longo also says that each has more of what the other has than many may think. Criswell clearly could become a top level running QB, who could have mastered, say, a Rich Rodriguez offense. He has RB explosiveness from the thighs and an innate knowledge of how to cut as a runner. But he also has a crisp and accurate pass. Maye has the potential to become a high draft choice QB, but he is much more mobile than many assume - which should not shock us if we know the family athleticism.

We have a deep RB room able to get the ground yards we need. We need a QB ready to air it out because Downs is the team's super playmaker, and Greene could be looking as good as Downs even by the end of this coming season.

Reactions: heelfan1961
They are very different. But Longo also says that each has more of what the other has than many may think. Criswell clearly could become a top level running QB, who could have mastered, say, a Rich Rodriguez offense. He has RB explosiveness from the thighs and an innate knowledge of how to cut as a runner. But he also has a crisp and accurate pass. Maye has the potential to become a high draft choice QB, but he is much more mobile than many assume - which should not shock us if we know the family athleticism.

We have a deep RB room able to get the ground yards we need. We need a QB ready to air it out because Downs is the team's super playmaker, and Greene could be looking as good as Downs even by the end of this coming season.
I think he was referring to the color remark. It's true that there is still a perception difference between a black QB vs a white QB, but you don't hear coaches say it.

Reactions: uncfootball-
I think he was referring to the color remark. It's true that there is still a perception difference between a black QB vs a white QB, but you don't hear coaches say it.

Yea.. that is what I was referring to. I dont ever recall a college coach noting the race of two players.

And I think that makes sense with the rest. There are people who will assume that Criswell will have less potential as a CFB passer than he does, and also people, perhaps more, who will assume that Maye will be largely immobile.

Reactions: heelfan1961
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT