ADVERTISEMENT

This board

Grayhead

Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2006
use to be fun. We argured points, but had a certain way of doing things. I think we need to go back to our roots again.
I remember us invading unsuspecting boards and liking ancient conversations to screw with people. Trolling raidar is a staple as well. Poasting with poast is a calling card. Assets thread. The original random pic thread. Legendary arguments between 2 poasters. Invading HROT with little success.

Now we cant even talk about what music people listen to without a fight. Politics is the main staple. I say lets screw with people. For instance, lets @ someone each time we poast here. Someone random.
Any ideas? We also need some of the OG poasters back as well

use to be fun. We argured points, but had a certain way of doing things. I think we need to go back to our roots again.
I remember us invading unsuspecting boards and liking ancient conversations to screw with people. Trolling raidar is a staple as well. Poasting with poast is a calling card. Assets thread. The original random pic thread. Legendary arguments between 2 poasters. Invading HROT with little success.

Now we cant even talk about what music people listen to without a fight. Politics is the main staple. I say lets screw with people. For instance, lets @ someone each time we poast here. Someone random.
Any ideas? We also need some of the OG poasters back as well

I support this message. But the problem is that all the old timers are gone - the people that drove the culture of the board. I don't blame them. I certainly don't poast nearly as much as I once did when it wasn't about just arguing but the hilarious stuff you mentioned. I don't think it's possible to get the board back there.

Politics sucks the fun out of most groups, both online and in real life...we don't separate it when we get into threads not on politics. Like Blazers and Bluetoe just aren't going to have a good discussion on music or sports because all they do is battle on Politics. I personally try to separate it out but it's not always successful.

Maybe a tournament will help?

Reactions: tarheel0910
Politics sucks the fun out of most groups, both online and in real life...we don't separate it when we get into threads not on politics. Like Blazers and Bluetoe just aren't going to have a good discussion on music or sports because all they do is battle on Politics. I personally try to separate it out but it's not always successful.

I tried to discuss things like living in the Northeast, and love of animals with you but you didn't seem to care much for that. Politics is all that's left.

I've got the first round. What's everybody having? Think I'll make mine a Black Russian

Im to lazy to find out, but i wonder how the death pool is fairing right now.

Also, is the general consensus that @strummingram is still chick?

Video games?

Im to lazy to find out, but i wonder how the death pool is fairing right now.

Also, is the general consensus that @strummingram is still chick?
Sad news, actually. Chick's oldest nephew committed suicide last winter. He was only 30. Apparently he struggled with depression most of his adult life. It was a really bad scene from what she shared with me.

Not having Trump in office has hurt this board. Before you had the Trumpers vs the anti-Trumpers.. seems to me even the liberals are now thinking "wow, this Biden guy really does suck"

Not having Trump in office has hurt this board. Before you had the Trumpers vs the anti-Trumpers.. seems to me even the liberals are now thinking "wow, this Biden guy really does suck"
Trump may have inadvertently blew this board up via @BillyL. Dude went a little balistic once trump won the nomination. And then the board followed

Reactions: tarheel0910
Another thing that I miss about the board, is the parody threads. Every thread used to have at least one parody thread.

Reactions: Grayhead
I bet blazers would vote for that Reeses cereal with Travis Scott on the box just because black rappers on cereal boxes are underrepresented.
Every thread needs to be about race, that will help the board!

Well, I've never had Reese's, never heard of Travis Scott. Don't eat much cereal but I'll go ahead and throw out cocoa puffs out there as the black/brown option.

Last edited:
And when did Duke fans start acting like State fans calling us UNCheat?? I always thought there was mutual respect. Please tell me our basketball fans aren't that obsessed with them paying players. It makes it more enjoyable and hilarious when we beat them or they choke.

And when did Duke fans start acting like State fans calling us UNCheat?? I always thought there was mutual respect. Please tell me our basketball fans aren't that obsessed with them paying players. It makes it more enjoyable and hilarious when we beat them or they choke.
Have you read raidar anytime since rat sold out to one and done. Dook paying players has been a main staple over there for years.

ADVERTISEMENT