ADVERTISEMENT

This lord

coolwaterunc

Hall of Famer
Oct 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
4c2eaa2e01efaf02edc5bf5ba5abf4df.png

The Minnesota Wild strive to advance tonight against the Vegas Knights in a Game 7, on a march toward Lord Stanley's Cup. It is probably the most famous historic trophy in all of the major sports, for North America anyway.

I give the Wild about a 20-30% chance of winning tonight. Vegas is just the better team overall. Whoever wins tonight probably isn't getting by Colorado anyway - the favorite to win the Stanley Cup. It is a shame that 2 of the top 3-4 and 3 of the top 6 NHL teams overall play in the same division.
02f65aa9f8f81aac5717ddf7a63b8b18.jpg

The Minnesota Wild strive to advance tonight against the Vegas Knights in a Game 7, on a march toward Lord Stanley's Cup. It is probably the most famous historic trophy in all of the major sports, for North America anyway.

I give the Wild about a 20-30% chance of winning tonight. Vegas is just the better team overall. Whoever wins tonight probably isn't getting by Colorado anyway - the favorite to win the Stanley Cup. It is a shame that 2 of the top 3-4 and 3 of the top 6 NHL teams overall play in the same division.
Genius!
And thx for the pointer about tonight's gm. I don't follow hockey at all til playoffs, and gm 7's can be dun

You should bet Vegas then. Only -180 which is a steal if you think they have a 70-80% chance of winning.

That trophy has the Bruins name on it this year though ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious

I've been watching the Canes of course, but tuning in when I can on other series. I wish I had watched more of the Wild/Knights campaign, but what I did see had the Knights skating all over the Wild, like they were junior league. Shouldn't have made assumptions. I'll be watching tonite and pulling for the Wild.

I've been watching the Canes of course, but tuning in when I can on other series. I wish I had watched more of the Wild/Knights campaign, but what I did see had the Knights skating all over the Wild, like they were junior league. Shouldn't have made assumptions. I'll be watching tonite and pulling for the Wild.
I watched just a couple minutes of the Canes and Preds last night. I have to say, it is literally a bit tough on the eyes to follow the game with those blinding all yellow Preds jerseys.

Nice that the Canes advanced. Were they favored in that series? I find NHL to be the most watchable pro sport now, especially over NBA and MLB. For the most part NHL has left alone the all woke all BLM all race garbage.

My college-age son follows the Wild way more than I do, though he is in Alabama now. But I've gotten into following them a bit more. It is crazy how they get outshot 3 or 4 to 1 so often, and seem to lose about 60-65% of their faceoffs, but still can win. They have good defenders, and finally some good young guys who can score like rookie of the year Kaprizov; Fiala, Erikson Ek.

I just see no way MN wins tonight though. It feels like everything is stacked / due for a Vegas win.

I watched just a couple minutes of the Canes and Preds last night. I have to say, it is literally a bit tough on the eyes to follow the game with those blinding all yellow Preds jerseys.

Nice that the Canes advanced. Were they favored in that series? I find NHL to be the most watchable pro sport now, especially over NBA and MLB. For the most part NHL has left alone the all woke all BLM all race garbage.

My college-age son follows the Wild way more than I do, though he is in Alabama now. But I've gotten into following them a bit more. It is crazy how they get outshot 3 or 4 to 1 so often, and seem to lose about 60-65% of their faceoffs, but still can win. They have good defenders, and finally some good young guys who can score like rookie of the year Kaprizov; Fiala, Erikson Ek.

I just see no way MN wins tonight though. It feels like everything is stacked / due for a Vegas win.
Yes the Canes were -240 to win that series from the start, so sizable favorites.

I generally pull for the Wild against a lot of other teams, because Minnesota is a good hockey area. Arguably the best state for college hockey with UMinn, Minn Deluth, Minn State, St. Cloud, etc. (personally I'd take the MA teams, but I'm biased).

Yes the Canes were -240 to win that series from the start, so sizable favorites.

I generally pull for the Wild against a lot of other teams, because Minnesota is a good hockey area. Arguably the best state for college hockey with UMinn, Minn Deluth, Minn State, St. Cloud, etc. (personally I'd take the MA teams, but I'm biased).
Yes - Minnesota prides itself on being "The State of Hockey" including the Wild (clear back to the North Stars) and having several prominent players & coaches on the Miracle on Ice Olympic hockey gold medal winners.... but somehow true to form for MN pro sports they can't find a way to field a Minnesota champion in pro sports / NHL.

They have a State Hockey Day here each winter with a lot of different high-profile events from high school, college, pros, even amateur "pond hockey" tournaments all on the same day

Boston / MA definitely is in the running for the top college hockey hotbed, too. BC, BU, Maine, all have great hockey programs, and I am sure I am leaving out a few from that area....I don't follow college hockey that closely.

Boston area has an obscene embarrassment of riches regarding cities / areas with championship teams. To have the most successful teams in two major sports (Celtics - NBA and Pats - NFL) along with multiple championships in MLB and NHL...is crazy. I don't think another major city comes close. Not NYC, LA, Chicago, etc. Probably taken for granted by some there.

Yes - Minnesota prides itself on being "The State of Hockey" including the Wild (clear back to the North Stars) and having several prominent players & coaches on the Miracle on Ice Olympic hockey gold medal winners.... but somehow true to form for MN pro sports they can't find a way to field a Minnesota champion in pro sports / NHL.

They have a State Hockey Day here each winter with a lot of different high-profile events from high school, college, pros, even amateur "pond hockey" tournaments all on the same day

Boston / MA definitely is in the running for the top college hockey hotbed, too. BC, BU, Maine, all have great hockey programs, and I am sure I am leaving out a few from that area....I don't follow college hockey that closely.

Boston area has an obscene embarrassment of riches regarding cities / areas with championship teams. To have the most successful teams in two major sports (Celtics - NBA and Pats - NFL) along with multiple championships in MLB and NHL...is crazy. I don't think another major city comes close. Not NYC, LA, Chicago, etc. Probably taken for granted by some there.
don't forget Pittsburgh. Their arrogant fans are so obnoxious and trashy, I've taken to despising everything about the city and its residents, and I always pull against them in anything.

don't forget Pittsburgh. Their arrogant fans are so obnoxious and trashy, I've taken to despising everything about the city and its residents, and I always pull against them in anything.
Agreed. My wife has some cousins who have lived in Pittsburgh all their lives. Steelers fans are so bad, maybe the worst. I mean, Philly fans are more mean, vile, obnoxious human POS....but I detest all things Steelers, too.

If it is any consolation, do a search for "Pittsburgh Pirates fielding blunder" over the last couple days vs. the Cubs. It is hilarious....in the running for the most boneheaded, embarrassing epic failure by a pro sports player ever. Just crazy bad and funny to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: bluetoe

"Nice that the Canes advanced. Were they favored in that series? I find NHL to be the most watchable pro sport now, especially over NBA and MLB. For the most part NHL has left alone the all woke all BLM all race garbage."

Ironic you should say that, because I tuned into the Canes last at home game and pre-game they were doing a whole BLM spiel. Ironic because of what you said but also because hockey is one of the whitest sports there is.

To be honest, I was disgusted because it was inappropriate and out of place, not because of the number of black players in the league but just because fvck that controversial and worthless crap being injected into an event that has nothing to do with it.

Agreed. My wife has some cousins who have lived in Pittsburgh all their lives. Steelers fans are so bad, maybe the worst. I mean, Philly fans are more mean, vile, obnoxious human POS....but I detest all things Steelers, too.

If it is any consolation, do a search for "Pittsburgh Pirates fielding blunder" over the last couple days vs. the Cubs. It is hilarious....in the running for the most boneheaded, embarrassing epic failure by a pro sports player ever. Just crazy bad and funny to watch.
thanks, that was hilarious. The announcer..."Go, go...you're invisible..." The Cubs players LTAO in the dugout. All the guy had to do was step two steps back and the inning was over. Couldn't have happened to a better city.

I do have to say though, I didn't always hate them. One year I got tickets to the usual Steelers/Panthers pre-season game in Charlotte, and I took a Steelers fan friend with me. We ended up in Sherpa territory right smack in the middle of a large crowd of Steelers fans. I was the only Panthers guy among at least fifty Steelers fans, and we had a ball jawing back and forth good-naturedly the whole game, and nobody got pissed.

gotta give credit to Nashville though, they made it a lot tougher than anticipated. I think the series set a playoff record for most OT games in a row, if I heard right.

The Canes are supposed to be the weakest division leader, but if they play with the juice they had last night, they might leave a mark.

Ironic you should say that, because I tuned into the Canes last at home game and pre-game they were doing a whole BLM spiel. Ironic because of what you said but also because hockey is one of the whitest sports there is.
ha ha - true. It'd be pretty easy to touch up the BLM signs to ELM "Euro lives matter". :)
I swear 70% of the Wild are from Russia or from European countries....especially their top players. They look like North American guys, then you hear them talk...the Wild's top player "Dollar Dollar Bill Kirill" Kaprizov is an instant fan and teammate favorite - the whole team has t-shirts with him on them....but he knows hardly a word of English.

Reactions: bluetoe
ha ha - true. It'd be pretty easy to touch up the BLM signs to ELM "Euro lives matter". :)
I swear 70% of the Wild are from Russia or from European countries....especially their top players. They look like North American guys, then you hear them talk...the Wild's top player "Dollar Dollar Bill Kirill" Kaprizov is an instant fan and teammate favorite - the whole team has t-shirts with him on them....but he knows hardly a word of English.
I love that about the game. I became a hockey fan a long time ago, back when the goalies didn't even wear a mask. A lot has changed but a lot has stayed the same, and one constant is the wonderful international flavor of the rosters. I used to really get into the different names and identifying what country they came from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT