ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Brewster Leaving for Florida

Well I don't know the whole story but seems like a lateral move just to chase the money. When a coach leaves to move up the coaching ladder it's hard to blame them. Brewster said there was "unfinished business" in Chapel Hill and how he "loved" Mack. Spouting off like that then making a lateral move to me brings his integrity into question.

The question is: WHY?

He's not a spring chicken. A move is not going to get him a shot for some HC job. It's not even going to help him become an OC. He is a great recruiter and a very good position coach.

Reactions: uncfootball-
Well I don't know the whole story but seems like a lateral move just to chase the money. When a coach leaves to move up the coaching ladder it's hard to blame them. Brewster said there was "unfinished business" in Chapel Hill and how he "loved" Mack. Spouting off like that then making a lateral move to me brings his integrity into question.
And because he said those things, his leaving means that people will speculate. Does he just want more money? Is there tension, or worse, among the staff? Has his relationship with Mack taken a hit?

And we also must wonder how this might impact us both getting all signees enrolled and landing 2021 commitments.

Mack replacing Brewster is a big deal. Mack's age means that every decision will we watched very closely by everybody we face, on the field and in recruiting. Mack needs to make a home run hire.

Hate to lose him. Kinda surprised too with him talking like he was happy and wanted to help get the Heels to the top. If he would’ve stayed would he have been a candidate to replace Mack or is he not head coach material?

Hate to lose him. Kinda surprised too with him talking like he was happy and wanted to help get the Heels to the top. If he would’ve stayed would he have been a candidate to replace Mack or is he not head coach material?
IMO, he’s not. I hate to lose his recruiting prowess. I sure don’t want to lose recruiting momentum. Big hire coming up for Mack.

Kinda messed up for him to leave a few months after Mack fought to get him a raise. I think we'll be fine though.

If I was going to pick someone from the staff to replace Mack it would be Bateman. I don't have a valid reason either, I just like the guy.

Reactions: Archer2
Perhaps we can land Chip Long. He may be headed to Knoxville to be a Vols analyst, but surely being TE coach under Mack Brown is a better career move. And that is before taking into account that Long might prove a help to Longo, which could be big boost in Long getting another top OC job.

If we can't get Long, I'd like to see Allen Mogridge brought back to UNC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT