ADVERTISEMENT

Tokyo Olympics

tarheel0910

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Earth
Anyone plan on watching? I usually keep up with some of the swimming, track and maybe a little gymnastics. Also some women's beach volleyball when the wife isn't paying attention.

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
not a summer olympics fan, other than when some freak like phelps was participating.

i’m a little curious about the marathon and triathlon swimming venue issue.

In years past I had maybe medium interest but with no fans combined with talk of protests from the athletes I have zero interest.

Exactly. I don't watch much in normal years, you know, where people hadn't lost their damn minds. I'm sure as hell not making a point to tune in for a bunch of ungrateful American, brats. Screw 'em.

In years past I had maybe medium interest but with no fans combined with talk of protests from the athletes I have zero interest.
How many are actually protesting? I think I've heard of a couple, but there are over 300 American athletes. I'm sure the vast majority won't be protesting.

The soccer is interesting sometimes.

USA women soccer dropped their opener vs Sweden (not as nice as brazilian beach volleyballers, but close) 0-3.

youtube tv has a cool feature in which you can specify which events/sports to record...

Not sure but just seeing that purple haired soccer dude is enough to gag a maggot.
I don't watch soccer because it's probably one of the most boring sports ever, so I have no clue who or what you are talking about. The good news is I can watch the non protesting people without watching the protesting people. It's a win win for me and them.

I don't watch soccer because it's probably one of the most boring sports ever, so I have no clue who or what you are talking about. The good news is I can watch the non protesting people without watching the protesting people. It's a win win for me and them.

I dont care for soccer either but hard to turn on the TV these days without seeing Rapinoe.

I usually watch the finals for all the running events. Olympic soccer is lame because it's basically a U23 tournament where each team gets three senior players.

Sounds like the most entertaining part will be watching people get their panties in a bunch about protesting lol

I'll watch most any of the track and field events. Maybe mountain biking, some rowing and sailing (kind of relaxing,) table tennis, and some canoeing/kayaking. Wasn't break dancing supposed to be an exhibition sport? My list is what I'd watch if it's on when I'm looking, but in past years, it's always been stuff I don't care about when I turn on the TV.

I hope Godzilla is in the opening ceremonies. And Mario, since he's our reigning Video Game Tournament Champion.

I'll watch most any of the track and field events. Maybe mountain biking, some rowing and sailing (kind of relaxing,) table tennis, and some canoeing/kayaking. Wasn't break dancing supposed to be an exhibition sport? My list is what I'd watch if it's on when I'm looking, but in past years, it's always been stuff I don't care about when I turn on the TV.

I hope Godzilla is in the opening ceremonies. And Mario, since he's our reigning Video Game Tournament Champion.
Godzilla draped in a Japanese flag - ftw.

Watching Simone biles do ninja flips is entertaining and the screw-ups in her realm are epic.

Exactly. I don't watch much in normal years, you know, where people hadn't lost their damn minds. I'm sure as hell not making a point to tune in for a bunch of ungrateful American, brats. Screw 'em.

anybody else curious as to why someone with an actual axe to grind would grind it like this instead of simply refusing to participate to begin with? I have no problem with someone having an axe to grind but don't try to tell me your asinine showboat attention-grab is a sincere protest. If you honestly think America is against you, don't represent it to begin with and I respect your choice.

Cue the dolts who think it's cool to do this crap.*

* Case in point already in this thread.

F23LQVQDXVDOJL65FDTA3BYN6E.jpg

Water polo is nightmare inducing. Maybe i got dunked by older brothers too much as a kid, but I get exhausted and start to feel water in my lungs just watching.

In all my 67 years I have NEVER ever rooted against any American team .... until THIS year. Both the women's soccer team and the NBA team can both lose every game and I will be happy, especially that ungrateful anti American dolt POS Rapinoe on the dyke team. The NBA team LOST today to FRANCE well deserved for these kneeling anti American jerks coached by an all time jerk in that Popovich ahole. Karma s a biaoatch... these left wing dolts are getting exactly what they deserve.

In all my 67 years I have NEVER ever rooted against any American team .... until THIS year. Both the women's soccer team and the NBA team can both lose every game and I will be happy, especially that ungrateful anti American dolt POS Rapinoe on the dyke team. The NBA team LOST today to FRANCE well deserved for these kneeling anti American jerks coached by an all time jerk in that Popovich ahole. Karma s a biaoatch... these left wing dolts are getting exactly what they deserve.

Wow.. I read your post and went to read the box score. Looks as though France out rebounded USA by 6 and Team USA out protested France by 9 but just wasn't enough to get the win.

• Haha
You were a teenager when this happened:

U1610619_29395969-e1539294843793.jpg

I guess it was too late to root against your home athletes at that point. Thank God they had the courage and thank God they were Americans.

American athletes engaging in a very benevolent gesture, while displaying the very essence of what America offers, has you so angry that you hope they lose... for the first time in 67 years. That's pretty sad. It's sad that it took 67 years to finally get you to realize what being American includes.

You're probably one of these guys?

id-rather-be-russian-than-democrat.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: keysersosay#1
You were a teenager when this happened:

U1610619_29395969-e1539294843793.jpg

I guess it was too late to root against your home athletes at that point. Thank God they had the courage and thank God they were Americans.

American athletes engaging in a very benevolent gesture, while displaying the very essence of what America offers, has you so angry that you hope they lose... for the first time in 67 years. That's pretty sad. It's sad that it took 67 years to finally get you to realize what being American includes.

You're probably one of these guys?

id-rather-be-russian-than-democrat.jpg
Missing the point as usual. No one is arguing they don't have the right to protest. You know this, you're just being obtuse like usual.

People just don't want to see it and choose not to watch. The TV ratings reflect that.

Missing the point as usual. No one is arguing they don't have the right to protest. You know this, you're just being obtuse like usual.

People just don't want to see it and choose not to watch. The TV ratings reflect that.
Ohhh, the point is "people just don't want to see it?" Is that the point? Then, I definitely missed the point. He knew they were protesting and he chose to watch- or chose to be aware of it on some level- and he admitted to hoping they lost. And, then chose to whine about it and share it here. So, if the point was not wanting to see it, it seems like he made it worse. Thank you for answering a question posed to someone else, too.

There's a difference between choosing not to watch and actively pulling for them to lose.

Ohhh, the point is "people just don't want to see it?" Is that the point? Then, I definitely missed the point. He knew they were protesting and he chose to watch- or chose to be aware of it on some level- and he admitted to hoping they lost. And, then chose to whine about it and share it here. So, if the point was not wanting to see it, it seems like he made it worse. Thank you for answering a question posed to someone else, too
Can you translate this to English?

Looks like someone got pissed that @TarHeelNation11 (who never posts here anymore) stopped in to paddle @strummingram ’s little behind.

And he’s right. Nobody is watching. So it’s not just @keysersosay#1 that’s tuning out. Better get a sturdy soapbox strum. With all the people you need to lecture, you’re gonna need it.
I'm not watching the games themselves. You provide the strongest box ever.

Well I’m convinced I’m not watching anything until I get a in-depth questionnaire answered by all the athletes on what they feel about politics and religion. Got to make sure they’re patriotic God loving republican heterosexuals before I’ll support them.

Or hot babes

Well I’m convinced I’m not watching anything until I get a in-depth questionnaire answered by all the athletes on what they feel about politics and religion. Got to make sure they’re patriotic God loving republican heterosexuals before I’ll support them.

Or hot babes
Now were talking!!!:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT