ADVERTISEMENT

Tokyo Olympics

anybody else curious as to why someone with an actual axe to grind would grind it like this instead of simply refusing to participate to begin with? I have no problem with someone having an axe to grind but don't try to tell me your asinine showboat attention-grab is a sincere protest. If you honestly think America is against you, don't represent it to begin with and I respect your choice.

Cue the dolts who think it's cool to do this crap.*

* Case in point already in this thread.

F23LQVQDXVDOJL65FDTA3BYN6E.jpg
I don't remember her name, don't care to look it up. She is 3rd in USA, way behind the other two USA women. I don't know or care enough to know where US hammer throwers rank on the world stage, but usually the Europeans / Russians have some heavy hitter stout women.

Anyway - there is zero reason for what's her name permanent grievance woman to even be mentioned in the Olympics. Do your throws, be eliminated, go away. Nobody anywhere should give a F about what you have to say about USA or flag at Olympics... you barely made the last rung of the podium in USA - you'll never even dream of sniffing the podium or any relevance in Tokyo. Guaranteed. You should've never taken the trip. Why represent the country you so wrongly hate, who have given you way more than you deserve?

In all my 67 years I have NEVER ever rooted against any American team .... until THIS year. Both the women's soccer team and the NBA team can both lose every game and I will be happy, especially that ungrateful anti American dolt POS Rapinoe on the dyke team. The NBA team LOST today to FRANCE well deserved for these kneeling anti American jerks coached by an all time jerk in that Popovich ahole. Karma s a biaoatch... these left wing dolts are getting exactly what they deserve.
LOVE this post. My sentiments exactly. Every word of it.

Reactions: uncfootball-
In all my 67 years I have NEVER ever rooted against any American team .... until THIS year. Both the women's soccer team and the NBA team can both lose every game and I will be happy, especially that ungrateful anti American dolt POS Rapinoe on the dyke team. The NBA team LOST today to FRANCE well deserved for these kneeling anti American jerks coached by an all time jerk in that Popovich ahole. Karma s a biaoatch... these left wing dolts are getting exactly what they deserve.
All of the simpsons gifs wrapped into one poast.

I am amazed that two old average looking volleyball players gets someone's motor running.

I like women in bikinis, jumping around as much as the next guy. But the [photo that was posted above is "eeesh". Is that the best we got? I don't care how they play. Is that the best looking duo we have?

yep.. both of them look late 40's and extremely average

What do you expect from the guy with a picture of a (dead) slave owner as his avatar?

tenor.gif
I mean, it's Thomas Jefferson. I have no problem honoring one of our best Presidents of all time...if we say we're only going to honor the ones who look morally impressive upon modern standards then Jimmy Carter would be lonely on that pedestal. Don't think anyone wants that.

I honestly think it's hysterical when these 60-70 somethings say they are boycotting things. No one cares. It is literally old man yelling at clouds. Unless a brand sells something that very specifically only targets old people, they don't give one shit if seniors boycott them. The Olympics aren't selling ad space based on the amount of cranky old ass white dudes watch the games. No Fortune 500 company I speak to says "hey, how do we reach more people above the age of 60."

Even worse about his entire poast, if your hatred of anything black or gay in America means you're going to root for freaking France then you've officially lost all grip on reality.

Even worse about his entire poast, if your hatred of anything black or gay in America means you're going to root for freaking France then you've officially lost all grip on reality.

“hatred of anything black or gay” - OMG, eye roll gif

Could you be any more dramatic? Good god.

“hatred of anything black or gay” - OMG, eye roll gif

Could you be any more dramatic? Good god.
No drama at all, I find it hysterical when old guys bitch thinking anything they say is at all on the radar of what society and businesses care about.

I mean, it's Thomas Jefferson. I have no problem honoring one of our best Presidents of all time...if we say we're only going to honor the ones who look morally impressive upon modern standards then Jimmy Carter would be lonely on that pedestal. Don't think anyone wants that.

I honestly think it's hysterical when these 60-70 somethings say they are boycotting things. No one cares. It is literally old man yelling at clouds. Unless a brand sells something that very specifically only targets old people, they don't give one shit if seniors boycott them. The Olympics aren't selling ad space based on the amount of cranky old ass white dudes watch the games. No Fortune 500 company I speak to says "hey, how do we reach more people above the age of 60."

I put the troll face because I knew that about half of this board is dumb enough to take that poast seriously. Jefferson is my favorite president. But only because Thomas Paine never had the job.

No drama at all, I find it hysterical when old guys bitch thinking anything they say is at all on the radar of what society and businesses care about.
he said, obliviously failing to understand that old guys are part of society and also own businesses.

he said, obliviously failing to understand that old guys are part of society and also own businesses.
Even old guys who own these Fortune 500 businesses know they aren’t the target demographic. They also have much younger board members, brand marketing VPs, agency leaders that drive who they target and who they care about targeting.

You’re just too stupid to know, well, much.

Even old guys who own these Fortune 500 businesses know they aren’t the target demographic. They also have much younger board members, brand marketing VPs, agency leaders that drive who they target and who they care about targeting.

You’re just too stupid to know, well, much.
LOL, you're too stupid to know that there are MANY more small businesses than large corporations, or even that what I was referring to was your own statement about what 'businesses' care about. Dumbass.

LOL, you're too stupid to know that there are MANY more small businesses than large corporations, or even that what I was referring to was your own statement about what 'businesses' care about. Dumbass.
Moron small businesses don’t advertise on the Olympics. Try and keep up with the actual conversation of the thread if you have the mental capacity to do so.

Actually, just GFY, you already lost. Again.

this is what I responded to, genius. You were in this context talking about the opinions of old guys, since this post was in response to exactly that. If you only meant Fortune 500 companies, you should have said so. In reality you're just wrong and won't admit it.

Not that anyone should expect more from someone who equates complaining over bratty antics to 'a hatred of all things black and gay'. Fvcking moron.

Sure, which is why I found the inclusion of the board members odd.
Yeah, it was more about the token young person or two most boards have to "keep up with millennials."

Which is just dumb in its own right but investors now do look for young and minority representation on boards so I guess that's why they do it?

Business have been advertising to the younger generation for as long as they've been around. The goal is to get them while they're young and be a customer for life. It's usually bad business to target your product to a demographic that won't be around a decade or two from now. Adult diapers and dentures being a couple of the exceptions.

Reactions: dadika13
Business have been advertising to the younger generation for as long as they've been around. The goal is to get them while they're young and be a customer for life. It's usually bad business to target your product to a demographic that won't be around a decade from now. Adult diapers and dentures being a couple of the exceptions.
100%. Which has been my point of the entire thread.

They also spend a ridiculous amount more than seniors. I'd bet my wife spends more money in a month than most seniors do in a year.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
bad news looming....our women's three-on-three basketball team, which is packed with WNBA players, lost and is in danger of being knocked completely out. If that happens, I might never be able to watch another WNBA game. But then come to think of it, I've never watched a WNBA game and I didn't know there was such a thing as women's three-on-three BB, so I think I'll be OK.

And don't call me a misogynist. I don't watch the NBA either.

Yeah, it was more about the token young person or two most boards have to "keep up with millennials."

Which is just dumb in its own right but investors now do look for young and minority representation on boards so I guess that's why they do it?
There definitely are investors that look for diversity representation in the management teams. I haven't seen that same push being made for the Board as much, but it could be happening, or soon to happen. Investors choose the board members so they can effect that change when they want (collectively). Experience is more valuable at the Board level, whereas "vision" is more valuable in management.

The thing to watch is how ESG funds perform relative to the market. If they perform well, more investors will develop those views. If they underperform, people won't be as focused on it.

Reactions: dadika13

If I was watching the Olympics and a white conservative said in an interview after they competed "what a great experience being here.. that is why I am against abortion.. so many lives are taken and not given a chance".. if I could respond to that person I would say "I DON"T CARE.. shut your yapper and play the sport"

It's not about race or the message.

Edit to add... meaning I dont care for ANY message in sports.. wanted to clear that up for those that are a little slow.

There definitely are investors that look for diversity representation in the management teams. I haven't seen that same push being made for the Board as much, but it could be happening, or soon to happen. Investors choose the board members so they can effect that change when they want (collectively). Experience is more valuable at the Board level, whereas "vision" is more valuable in management.

The thing to watch is how ESG funds perform relative to the market. If they perform well, more investors will develop those views. If they underperform, people won't be as focused on it.
That push for diversity in the board is happening, just not by investors as much. It's happening from the executive team, which is doing it so they look good to the consumer, which is usually young. Investors like to think they have control over the board, but how often do you see a board member truly selected by the investors? Maybe you have some that are forced out or hand picked by a large investor like a hedge fund or a Buffet type, but the regular investor just gets to check yes next to the person that the company has "nominated."

So I'll side with what I'm sure the older crowd will agree with here...if this is indeed why she bailed then this is so freaking soft it's ridiculous. I do think some people use "mental health" as a gigantic crutch for when things aren't going their way or that they are afraid of something.

I'll wait for the full details (something genuinely really shitty may have happened to her or she is physically hurt) but if she bailed on her team and her own goals because of a panic attack or something then that's so weak.

I do think we are raising extremely weak minded teenagers/early 20 somethings.

I wish some of y'all knew half of what you think you know.

I saw an AARP commercial as I walked through the TV room last night while my wife was watching the Olympics. I guess the young people in their marketing department don't have a clue that olds aren't watching the Olympics. What a waste of advertising dollars.

So I'll side with what I'm sure the older crowd will agree with here...if this is indeed why she bailed then this is so freaking soft it's ridiculous. I do think some people use "mental health" as a gigantic crutch for when things aren't going their way or that they are afraid of something.

I'll wait for the full details (something genuinely really shitty may have happened to her or she is physically hurt) but if she bailed on her team and her own goals because of a panic attack or something then that's so weak.

I do think we are raising extremely weak minded teenagers/early 20 somethings.
Unless she's faking it, I'm going to have to basically disagree with almost everything you said. The last sentence is true though.

I wish some of y'all knew half of what you think you know.

I saw an AARP commercial as I walked through the TV room last night while my wife was watching the Olympics. I guess the young people in their marketing department don't have a clue that olds aren't watching the Olympics. What a waste of advertising dollars.
Seems like they too are going after the younger crowd. Well, young for their membership.

https://press.aarp.org/2021-4-23-AA...peaks-to-the-Longevity-of-Gen-X-Young-Boomers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT