ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Inching Up in the Mock Drafts

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
He's now #28 on NBAdraft.net (updated yesterday) and #31 on DraftExpress (updated today).

Nice.

Justin is holding in the mid-1st round at 16 and 19.

Sadly, neither mock shows Kennedy or Isaiah.

Kansas' Frank Mason is 46 and 53. I tend to think of him and Berry as likely to be treated similarly in the draft.

I don't think he will be drafted first round, but that's not on the Heels that was his decision .. Cant fault him he just didn't want to play college any longer regardless..

Looking at espn.com TB seems to be working out for everyone. He might slide into first round, I am holding out hope for Hicks.

Fraschilla said TB wouldn't be around past 20. I hope TB goes first round and several "know it all" posters on this site can eat their words.

Fraschilla said TB wouldn't be around past 20. I hope TB goes first round and several "know it all" posters on this site can eat their words.

Why would people need to eat there words? The reports before or during evaluation was 25-35, and most including myself said, "why not come back and be a lock for the lottery or 1st round". If TB gets into top 20 then as one poster said it just helps UNC as having another high draft pick.

Why would people need to eat there words? The reports before or during evaluation was 25-35, and most including myself said, "why not come back and be a lock for the lottery or 1st round". If TB gets into top 20 then as one poster said it just helps UNC as having another high draft pick.
There were several who said he shouldn't go. There were also those who questioned his advisers and the guidance they were giving him as if they were privy to those conversations. My stance all along is it is Tony's decision and his life. We don't have a say in it nor should we. We should support whatever decision that he feels is best for him and his family.

There were several who said he shouldn't go. There were also those who questioned his advisers and the guidance they were giving him as if they were privy to those conversations. My stance all along is it is Tony's decision and his life. We don't have a say in it nor should we. We should support whatever decision that he feels is best for him and his family.

I understand what you are saying, but the reports were "then" he was a 2nd rounder. Again it is the kids decision, but unless things have totally changed Roy's advice to his players use to be if your a lock 1st rounder go, and if not come back. Either way happy for TB no matter what because it was always clear he would be drafted.

You're bigger than this. Nobody here wants anything but the best for Tony. Some said they thought he would have been better off returning. So what? It was not unreasonable since most mock drafts didn't have him in the first round. You're above this "eat their words" stuff.

We all hope Tony made the right choice because we want him to excel, because we like him, and because it helps us recruit if he does well. Period.

TBH, he's barely crossed my mind since he declared his intention to remain in the draft. Good luck to him.
The guys I tend to remember are guys who made an impression and stuck around.

Tony was good for us. But he didn't make that strong an impression and didn't stick around.

He showed talent and I fully expected him to make a strong impression this year. In which case, sticking around for 2 years would have put him in a pretty rarefied category of players who get remembered even though they only stuck around for 2 years. Guys like Kendall and Harrison.

But because he didn't make that choice, he doesn't make the cut. Ten years on, I will still have good memories of Kendall and Harrison. But it will be "Tony who?" Brandan Wright and Marvin Williams, who only stayed a year, will still be remembered.

To be fair, if Tony becomes one of those UNC players who visits and helps the new guys over summers and such, he could rise in my estimation. I hope he chooses to do that. But he leaves with the feeling that he really doesn't care about his time here. I hope that proves to be wrong.

Reactions: tarwhiz

Meh. I'm a fan. I'm allowed to view it from my perspective. I wanted Tony to come back and play for the Heels another season. Part of the reason I wanted him to come back is because he would undoubtedly become a better player and a more well rounded individual by staying another year in Chapel Hill. But that's not what he wanted. I'm not mad at him. I don't really have any thoughts on him at all anymore.

Reactions: Green C14
Hard to believe TB wouldnt get snatched up between 19 and 30.

19. Atlanta
20. Portland
(From Memphis via Denver and Cleveland)
21. Oklahoma City
22. Brooklyn
(From Washington)
23. Toronto (From LA Clippers via Milwaukee)
24. Utah
25. Orlando
(From Toronto)
26. Portland (From Cleveland)
27. Brooklyn (From Boston)
28. Los Angeles Lakers (From Houston)
29. San Antonio
30. Utah
(From Gold

Might be better if he didn't get snatched by that crew! I would only want him to go to San Antonio or OKC to get good coaching and some stability.

BTW: I love eating my words, they taste like victory!

The guys I tend to remember are guys who made an impression and stuck around.

Tony was good for us. But he didn't make that strong an impression and didn't stick around.

He showed talent and I fully expected him to make a strong impression this year. In which case, sticking around for 2 years would have put him in a pretty rarefied category of players who get remembered even though they only stuck around for 2 years. Guys like Kendall and Harrison.

But because he didn't make that choice, he doesn't make the cut. Ten years on, I will still have good memories of Kendall and Harrison. But it will be "Tony who?" Brandan Wright and Marvin Williams, who only stayed a year, will still be remembered.

To be fair, if Tony becomes one of those UNC players who visits and helps the new guys over summers and such, he could rise in my estimation. I hope he chooses to do that. But he leaves with the feeling that he really doesn't care about his time here. I hope that proves to be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT