ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 week 3

i don't care how much money they bring in, i will never think of n.dame as an acc team. ...never.

i don't care how much money they bring in, i will never think of n.dame as an acc team. ...never.
The ACC had no choice but to expand northward, because we had to go to 12 to stay afloat. We could not move westward against the SEC, so we had to move up the Atlantic Coast. Once you have BC and then Syracuse and Pitt, Notre Dame is a school and athletics department that fits.

I have no problem at all with ND being in the ACC, provided they're in all the way. Period.
I think this year indicates that that is much sooner happening than later. ND fans and boosters have been slowly getting used to football in a conference. They now all factor in the 5 ACC games and accept the ACC office scheduling them. And now they play 10 ACC games in a season. After 10, playing only 8 as a full football member won't seem outrageous.

If either Jack Swarbrick or Bubba Cunningham is named next ACC commissioner, expect ND as full football member rather quickly.

Perhaps, but if you don’t play at least 10 games, you shouldn’t be in the playoff. Do you agree?
No don't agree, We play 9 conference games just like the ACC does every year. Ok, we play a tenth game against YMCA intramural team. Does that make you happy ?

Where was this IUPACK guy when the Big 10 couldn’t get their $hit together to handle this before. Weak sauce

Where was this IUPACK guy when the Big 10 couldn’t get their $hit together to handle this before. Weak sauce
I was at home watching other college teams play, Hoping the BIG TEN start play soon. How good is College FB without the two best Conferences playing? SEC starts Sept26th and BIG TEN Oct. 24th

IUPACK

Messages 3 Reaction score 0 Points 1
Joined Sep 7, 2001
IUPack joined Rivals in 2001 but never posted until today? And his 3 posts are all on a UNC board?

Yeah, that makes all kinds of sense. Big Ten sense.

IUPACK

Messages 3 Reaction score 0 Points 1
Joined Sep 7, 2001
IUPack joined Rivals in 2001 but never posted until today? And his 3 posts are all on a UNC board?

Yeah, that makes all kinds of sense. Big Ten sense.
That's because 99.9 percent of my post are on 247 sports. Just reading other sites about the return of BIG TEN football. This is not the only Rival site I posted today. One last thing, have well over 2,000 post on rival.

No don't agree, We play 9 conference games just like the ACC does every year. Ok, we play a tenth game against YMCA intramural team. Does that make you happy ?
If what I’ve read is correct, you will be playing 8 conference games. The ACC is playing 10 conference games, an OOC game, and a CCG. The SEC is playing 10 conference games plus a CCG. That should exclude you from the playoff, 8 plus 1 doesn’t get it.

“Each B1O team will play 8 conference games. On the last weekend, the division winners face off in the CCG, the two second-place teams will face off, the third-place teams will play each other and so on, providing each school with nine games.“

ACC 12 games
SEC 11 games
B1O 9 games

If what I’ve read is correct, you will be playing 8 conference games. The ACC is playing 10 conference games, an OOC game, and a CCG. The SEC is playing 10 conference games plus a CCG. That should exclude you from the playoff, 8 plus 1 doesn’t get it.

“Each B1O team will play 8 conference games. On the last weekend, the division winners face off in the CCG, the two second-place teams will face off, the third-place teams will play each other and so on, providing each school with nine games.“

ACC 12 games
SEC 11 games
B1O 9 games
If the BIG TEN only played 7 conference games the winner of the CCG going on to the playoffs. There will only be 4 conference Champion this year.

If the BIG TEN only played 7 conference games the winner of the CCG going on to the playoffs. There will only be 4 conference Champion this year.
Unless OSU, PSU or michigan go undefeated that won't happen. A second SEC team will take your place.

Once again, you can’t make an argument for the B1G being included, only that they will. I actually think the NCAA kisses their collective arses and allows them in, I just don’t think it’s fair to do so. They could have played more games, they chose not to.

Once again, you can’t make an argument for the B1G being included, only that they will. I actually think the NCAA kisses their collective arses and allows them in, I just don’t think it’s fair to do so. They could have played more games, they chose not to.
Other than the three teams that I mentioned being undefeated, I don't see the NCAA doing them any favors. They lost some political clout when the old commissioner left and the new one has handled this so badly I don't think they have much respect for him.

You may be down to 7 games for it's all said and done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT