ADVERTISEMENT

Top Freshman? EC?

Heels5150

Senior
Aug 13, 2017
Charlotte
I’ve been watching CBS’s top Freshman of the year lists for the last month or so and not only has EC not made any of their top 10 lists he hasn’t even made their honorable mentions either. I understand that there are some freshman that are the main players on their respective Teams but EC’s talents and overall play has been escalating more and more as the season has progressed each and every week. Even though we are ranked #3 in the country it still seems that we are still flying under everyone’s radar and I think that is great. EC making 8-9 free throws in yesterday’s game to go along with his creative and deceptive drives and assists was just another step in the evolution of this young man’s game. But what I feel that has been most improved upon as of late is his overall defense. It’s always fun to watch these kids grow in their games as Tar Heels and I for one can’t wait to see EC’s game evolve even further. Not that it matters but I wonder if EC will crack their next list this for upcoming week. GDTBATH

EC didn't start at the beginning of the year, and this probably has him on the outside looking in. It turns out it was the best plan, and his play will soon force them to take a deeper look at him! Hitting freethrows is definitely a real problem for opponents because the only way to slow him down is to be physical! Getting his FT % up to the high 70s and hitting a few perimeter shots would make him virtually Un-guardable!

All that captures their attention are numbers. Cadeau has been very solid for us but theway he does it isn't always in the stat sheet. His d is improving rapidly over the last 3 or 4 games. Give him a summer to get his shot lined out and then see what happens.

Shooting, going left on drives and rebounding will all improve. This year is really fun and I think year will just as much fun .

I think Cadeau's progress has been essentially what I had hoped. An under-sized pg coming in with a team playing a lot of new guys would take some time for everyone to get used to one another. The UNC offense with him now is not even close to what we saw in November. I love a team that can put 3 or 4 guys on the floor who can go for 20 in any game. I do not think it is a coincidence that as more teams in conference have focused on defending Bacot in the paint Cadeau has shown what he can do on the perimeter.

His leadership is evident as well and this is rare in a freshman! Did you see EC and RJ coming off the court together right before we started our 2nd half run??? They were cleary discussing something they both needed to adjust and boom, the hammer was dropped!

I’ve been watching CBS’s top Freshman of the year lists for the last month or so and not only has EC not made any of their top 10 lists he hasn’t even made their honorable mentions either. I understand that there are some freshman that are the main players on their respective Teams but EC’s talents and overall play has been escalating more and more as the season has progressed each and every week. Even though we are ranked #3 in the country it still seems that we are still flying under everyone’s radar and I think that is great. EC making 8-9 free throws in yesterday’s game to go along with his creative and deceptive drives and assists was just another step in the evolution of this young man’s game. But what I feel that has been most improved upon as of late is his overall defense. It’s always fun to watch these kids grow in their games as Tar Heels and I for one can’t wait to see EC’s game evolve even further. Not that it matters but I wonder if EC will crack their next list this for upcoming week. GDTBATH
Well, y'all know my position --- he should've started from game-1, but that notwithstanding, he is the key to this team's ultimate success, and the longer it takes opponents to realize that the better. It also makes it more likely we'll have him for another year.

Well, y'all know my position --- he should've started from game-1, but that notwithstanding, he is the key to this team's ultimate success, and the longer it takes opponents to realize that the better. It also makes it more likely we'll have him for another year.
Agreed.
Let them sleep... and yeah, a soph EC would pull next years team - potentially stacked with firepower, a long long way.

I am not looking at the list, but either the top freshmen are scoring or came in as a one and done. Sometimes these list are just lazy, and reporters are taking same name from start of season, and filling in there numbers as of now. EC reclassifying kind of drops the thought of one and done to me anyway, and he really wasn't scoring. He controls our offense, but his assist numbers are not high for that to be his best skill.

Love EC be just my thoughts.

EC didn't start at the beginning of the year, and this probably has him on the outside looking in. It turns out it was the best plan,
Not sure about that TP but I respect your opinion. I was of the opinion that early season was the best time to play EC cause the UNC pg learning curve is steep and I think more time early would have benefited him more. jmo

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Cadeau is growing every game and when he looks to score the team turns into a five headed monster. It is really hard to stop 5 players who can and will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT