ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

he’s soft and he’s afraid of competition…let the guys already here do it.

now, if a receiver or a large man inside want to join, c’mon.
I agree. He has potential to be really good, but he would have wilted under the beating Howell took this year.

Rattler is a cancer. he has run from competition everywhere he’s been going back to his high school days.
He's a prima donna, with nothing of the toughness of Howell - not close. But he has talent. He probably should go Pac, where his attitude and style are natural.

He is talented. But agree he is a potential cancer. Saw a thing on Netflix with him in it as they follow highly rated QBs in their senior season of high school. He didn't really disrespect any teammates, but he was sort of alone in his little world as he enjoyed his place as a highly recruited superstar. Who knows where he goes. Seems as if every college message board seems to think he is coming to their school. But if UNC can't get their offensive line fixed, it doesn't matter if Tom Brady shows up on campus.

247 FBS players have hit the transfer portal thus far this week.

170 FCS players have hit the transfer portal thus far this week.

It's Wednesday.

Reactions: matt 1976
Asante has entered the portal. Lot of scholarships opening up. Writing was on the wall for him with Gray outplaying him this year and Power waiting in the wings to man the ILB spot.

Asante has entered the portal. Lot of scholarships opening up. Writing was on the wall for him with Gray outplaying him this year and Power waiting in the wings to man the ILB spot.

I don't know if it would change anything, but I wonder if he should've redshirted. LB isn't an easy position.... it took Cayson Collins 3+ yrs to go from being lost to finding himself getting an nfl paycheck (briefly). Cayson was pretty good his last yr.

I don't know if it would change anything, but I wonder if he should've redshirted. LB isn't an easy position.... it took Cayson Collins 3+ yrs to go from being lost to finding himself getting an nfl paycheck (briefly). Cayson was pretty good his last yr.
Played outside LB in HS against smaller teams and dominated. Moved to inside in college due to his size and just couldn't dissect plays fast enough. We're fine with Power, Gray, Cheeks, Rara etc.

I was hoping Beau would be back next year, I think he could be a monster if healthy.

I was hoping Beau would be back next year, I think he could be a monster if healthy.
He is the type WR who opens things up for a Downs. Fully healthy, his presence this year could have allowed Downs to rack up Heisman level WR numbers - assuming the OL could hold up halfway well.

two-men-enter-one-man-leaves.jpg

Another one bites the dust....

He started college a year early, and when you do that and go to a place that is always loaded, you probably have made a bit of a mistake.

He's from TX - my bet now would be that he wants to play in the SEC. The Longhorns position is wide open.

Reactions: Steat
He started college a year early, and when you do that and go to a place that is always loaded, you probably have made a bit of a mistake.

He's from TX - my bet now would be that he wants to play in the SEC. The Longhorns position is wide open.
Coming out early and making a cool million, however, was not a mistake.

LSU QB Max Johnson is in the portal. He has 2 years of eligibility left (I guess 3 because of Covid and the overreactions to it). Oft-injured Myles Brennan had already entered the portal, and this means that LSU now will have just 1 scholarship QB (freshman Garrett Nussmeier) on the roster for the bowl.

Max's brother Jake, a 4* TE commit to LSU, has decommitted.

Their father is former FSU and NFL QB Brad Johnson, who played HS at Charles D. Owen in Black Mountain, NC. Their uncle is Mark Richt.

Anyone heard of Caleb Snead? Zach Rice's mom twitted about him. A receiver from Lynchburg area that is in portal. She tweeted don't sleep on him.

Anyone heard of Caleb Snead? Zach Rice's mom twitted about him. A receiver from Lynchburg area that is in portal. She tweeted don't sleep on him.
A 6-4/215 Super Senior. Caught 73 passes for over 1,000 yards last year at Campbell. I’d say yes if he wants to come. We could use a big, experienced WR. Good student, business major.

Quinn Ewers is headed to Texas. That job is wide open because both QBs who played a god deal this past season were inconsistent.

A bigger surprise: Bo Nix is leaving Auburn. He was SEC Freshman of the year in 2019, but since then he has not progressed. He could be a great catch for a team that may have it all except an experienced QB.

A&M QB Zach Calcada is transferring. He was a sound - not great - QB for the Aggies this past season, but that job is Haynes King's when he returns from injury. Calcada is too good to ride the pine behind King, who could become a star.

Calcada is from GA. I wonder if he will look at ACC schools. GT needs an experienced QB with talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT