ADVERTISEMENT

Trimble to Announce Wednesday

Thank you for the info '75!

Hopefully, this will be a good couple of weeks for Tar Heels and peeps will relax a little. If a few pop for us, peeps might just start to trust Hubs and his plan!

Join the Family, Mr. Trimble and become part pf something special!

As other have stated, it is important to pop the seal and let official commitments flow. From all indications recruiting looks like it will be a very strong area for Hubert.
I agree! I said on another post, I like him casting a broader net. In years past, when we invested a lot into one guy, it seemed we got burned.

Reactions: TheGLOV
One hopes not, but reality may dictate otherwise.

With no disrespect to Seth, it would be way better news if jaden was the one pulling the trigger Wednesday.
I dont know much about him, from what i read jaden is a true old school point guard. Does seth project more as a shooting guard in college?

Trimble may not have JP's anti-gravity boots, but he elevates pretty well.

Seems to have a good handle and good timing on blocks (not that we really want him inside blocking shots, but good timing is good timing).

More quick than fast, but fast enough. Good zig-zags. Not at Coby's level, but good. If he and RJ are on the court at the same time, one of the defending guards is going to be carried off the court with broken ankles. Simply because few opposing teams will have defenders good enough to cover 2 guys who can do that.

He looks good to me. I hope he picks us.

One hopes not, but reality may dictate otherwise.

With no disrespect to Seth, it would be way better news if jaden was the one pulling the trigger Wednesday.
OTOH, isn't Jaden expected to be OAD? Assuming he doesn't skip college altogether. Trimble seems plenty good, but more likely to stick around for several years

Sort of a dilemma. We expect to lose a lot of top talent (Armando, Caleb, Brady, maybe others if they improve a lot). So I'm sure Hubert will want some top talent coming in, even if they are OAD. But I'm also sure Hubert will want to build a strong foundational class that will stick around. (When I say I'm sure, I'm just guessing, obviously, but it seems reasonable to me.)

Do we have enough scholarships to do both - OADs and a foundational class? If not, would it be better to go for the 1-year flash or the 2-3 year starter?

I'm assuming Shaver falls into the foundational class model. Green, too, if he ends up here. Unless Trimble explodes (which could happen), that's another one. That's the kind of class that can make a bright future, with the occasional OAD thrown in.

OK, so first, this kid has been a Tar Heel since the day he got the offer. This kid, more than any of our other recruits this cycle knows what the Carolina family is really all about, he has seen it first hand with his brother both while JP was a player for us but even more importantly since his brother played his last game for us. So there is no mystery where he will announce for tomorrow, that was kind of over when the kid set up his official to us just days after getting the offer.

Several mentions of his ability to explode up vertically, have ya noticed the thighs on the kid, like tree trunks, really wonder what he leg presses cause it has to be a lot! Natural ability combined with a lot of work has produced a freakish athlete, JP was as well. The knock on JP was that with all that amazing athletism he displayed he didn't seem to add the refined skill development that you need to play at the next level. Best I can tell at this point, looks like Seth begins with a good bit more skill but does need to continue to hone it.

The question of with Trimble does our chance for Bradley diminish, guys you know it does, not gonna sugar coat it. Look at it from Bradley's view point, with Trimble as a PG, means we would have at very least RJ and Trimble as PGs and an offer out to Dillingham in the next cycle and even the remote possibility that even Love could still be there (thou let me say that is extremely remote because I fully believe that both Bacot and Love will be strong contenders for ACC POY, just my opinion but lets see). I am talking about guys who will get a ton of PT no matter how well Bradley would play if he came to us. Bradley is a starting level PG for most programs in the country, at least by his soph season and with Trimble that just seems to hard a fit.

I do have a couple concerns with Trimble as our PG and I will say, Bradley may be the better pure PG fit but Trimble has incredible upside. I wonder if Trimble may not fit better as a 2 but we are so loaded at the 2, I just can't see him at the 2 when we have Walton, Ant, Dunn already and some wings maybe getting some run at the 2. So to me Trimble is locked in at the point, as is RJ. Deals Bradley as odd man out.

The other concern I have with Trimble is the kid may walk a fine line between confidence and over confidence, love a kid that is confident and has that alpha mindset but over the line and you can end up with names like Drew and that quickly can morph in to chemistry concerns. So the kid does need to be aware of that fine line as well as realize we have a team full of very talented players, he does not need to go all on his own. May seem as if I am nit picking here, maybe I am but that is a bit of concern for me. Don't take that as my being down on the kid, I am not, am actually very glad to see him develop at UNC, just wanted to share a thing that could become a problem if we are not vigilant.

As for area of development with Trimble, really needs to refine his jump shooting. He shot around 35% from 3 last season with his being the main focus of every defense he faced so that is not bad at all but he has worked much more on his ability to slash to the rim from either side and needs to focus now more on shooting. And he is going to have to work on that fine line between being primary scorer and facilitating for his team and as we saw from Caleb last season, that is not as easy as it may seem. And speaking of his shooting, a kid with that quickness strength & power that drives the rim from either side is going to draw a ton of fouls so really focus on hitting those free throws, they are going to be vital for him moving forward.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
The kid looks really good! I love the range out to pro range! I love how he doesn't seem to complain, whine to the refs or woof, even on spectacular plays! He just immediately gets in the chest of his opponent for D! He has mid-range game and can finish through contact and has his head up at all times! I really hope he pops for us! He is as important as anyone on the board when you consider the special Family vibe is augmented when we get legacy recruits! (especially legacies from a player who did not have the perfect experience as a Tar Heel!)

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT