ADVERTISEMENT

Two things you'd change about this football team

I have come to believe that there is nothing that can be changed that will matter long term, because all such changes would require Fedora to rethink his offense. And Fedora aint doing that.

Reactions: Archer2
I have come to believe that there is nothing that can be changed that will matter long term, because all such changes would require Fedora to rethink his offense. And Fedora aint doing that.

This is an odd opinion. We aren't 0-2 because of the offense. A similar offensive system just won the national championship if I'm not mistaken.

This is an odd opinion. We aren't 0-2 because of the offense. A similar offensive system just won the national championship if I'm not mistaken.

Exactly. The offensive scheme is not the problem.

Larry
Fedora

After 6 years, we're starting over from square one. Our players still can't tackle, still don't know their assignments, still make boneheaded mistakes(as does our staff).

When I look at a new staff coming in, I look for things that can be improved easily. Are we tackling better? Do we know where we're supposed to be on any given play? Do we play hard all the time? Are we disciplined? Unfortunately, I can't answer yes to a single one of those questions.

I'm ready for a fresh start.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND

quit with that bs...you know damn well the same system isn't the philosophy in pickens county...or maybe you don't know

quit with that bs...you know damn well the same system isn't the philosophy in pickens county...or maybe you don't know

Offensively, yes it most certainly is. I would love to hear how they are nothing alike? Obviously they have a very different identity on the other side of the ball, but that doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

Surratt and Carter as starters on offense and simplify the defensive scheme with more blitz packages.

just sell out on Defense more trying to cause havoc, if they are going to score anyway go down kicking and fighting..

- Undo our early NFL departures.
- More dl recruits the past few yrs maybe trade a dl for a te and/or wr recruit each yr.

With how many 5* and high 4* recruits on Defense? And with how many yards rushing by RBs?

And with how many yards rushing by RBs?
Yards isn't a very good measurement since yards per attempt will vary. I believe what you are trying to get at is the usage of Mitch/Watson vs. the team. Attempts per game would be a better measurement.

Pass Att PG Rush Att PG Mitch/Watson Rush Att PG
UNC
35.3 30.8 7.15
CU 41.9 39.3 11.00

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Larry
Fedora

After 6 years, we're starting over from square one. Our players still can't tackle, still don't know their assignments, still make boneheaded mistakes(as does our staff).

When I look at a new staff coming in, I look for things that can be improved easily. Are we tackling better? Do we know where we're supposed to be on any given play? Do we play hard all the time? Are we disciplined? Unfortunately, I can't answer yes to a single one of those questions.

I'm ready for a fresh start.
I'm glad you're not the AD. He just took us to a conference championship game. It's a rebuilding year... shit happens. Remember 2010 in basketball?

Reactions: uncboy10
I'm glad you're not the AD. He just took us to a conference championship game. It's a rebuilding year... shit happens. Remember 2010 in basketball?
Get back to me when he leads us back to the ACCCG. That was a pleasant aberration. I'd be willing to wager that he doesn't do it again.

Last edited:
Well very few coaches in our history have had such a "pleasant aberration," but by all means lets can Fedora and hire another John Bunting.
You're implying we keep Fed or hire another Bunting. We have other options you know. If you're happy with where our program is and settling for mediocrity most years, fine. I'm not and I think we should keep striving to get it right.

Let me ask you a couple of things.

Do you think we're fundamentally sound(proper blocking/tackling techniques)?

Would you say we play smart(know our assignments, don't commit mental errors)?

Do you consider Fed a good game coach?

I'm sorry, but I'd have to say no to all those questions. After 5 years we should at least be fundamentally sound and we aren't. That boils down to coaching.

You're implying we keep Fed or hire another Bunting. We have other options you know. If you're happy with where our program is and settling for mediocrity most years, fine. I'm not and I think we should keep striving to get it right.

Let me ask you a couple of things.

Do you think we're fundamentally sound(proper blocking/tackling techniques)?

Would you say we play smart(know our assignments, don't commit mental errors)?

Do you consider Fed a good game coach?

I'm sorry, but I'd have to say no to all those questions. After 5 years we should at least be fundamentally sound and we aren't. That boils down to coaching.

it's either or for him...there's no other, other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT