ADVERTISEMENT

Tychaun Claude is newest Tar Heel

Well, kid is going to be ahead of Brown on the depth chart, I think he is more than Okonkwo was, I don't think he will be ahead of High (NO, I didn't say A head on a high :) ! LOL So I see him as 10th in our rotation, that isn't much playing time if everyone remains healthy. But he knows that he isn't looking at a big role for us and accepts that, so really nothing to lose for us and some to gain actually.

I like his toughness, motor, and team oriented outlook! He is an insurance addition and since he only has 1 year of eligibility, there is absolutely no downside! His skill at rebounding, especially offensive will really come in handy during his short stints on the court! Hubs and staff are Masters of recruiting and this will make our practices that much more intense. We get more toughness and another strong body and Mr. Claude gets the lifelong support of the Family = everybody wins!

Welcome to the Family, Mr. Claude!

Claude have mercy; it's going to be a fun ride!

Reactions: RHFD and Mistercvr4
I’ve got a sneaky feeling he’s going to end up playing more than anyone guessed—out of sheer necessity!

I’ve got a sneaky feeling he’s going to end up playing more than anyone guessed—out of sheer necessity!
I suspect the only way he gets anything close to double digit minutes or even minutes like Jalen got last season would be due to injury and I absolutely do not want to see that. Like everyone else, I don't like to talk about injury potential, call it superstition if you want but we have been fortunate for a nice string of seasons without any season ending injuries we had to cover, been since Bacot's freshman season that we had long term injury that kept a starter our for multiple games or was season ending.

Washington 25 minutes
Withers 21
Lubin 20.5 to 21.5
Claude 12
High 9 to start the yr, but 17.5 by final four
Cade Tyson 23
Trimble 21
Elliot C 15
RJ Davis 45
The rest of the PG, SG, SF, and PF go to Ian and Drake.
Brown 4, but maybe 7+ mins if Elijah Davis is slow to develop and not giving us enough rebounding and blocks.

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Washington 25 minutes
Withers 21
Lubin 20.5 to 21.5
Claude 12
Cade Tyson 23
Trimble 21
Elliot C 15
RJ Davis 45
Brown 4, but maybe 7+ mins if Elijah Davis is slow to develop and not giving us enough rebounding and blocks.

There is a lot to decipher here but EC only getting 15 minutes is laughable. Also, we’d have to go to OT every game for RJ to get 45, & there are only 8 min left for Drake & Ian to split, & I have no idea who Elijah Davis is.

Washington 25 minutes
Withers 21
Lubin 20.5 to 21.5
Claude 12
Cade Tyson 23
Trimble 21
Elliot C 15
RJ Davis 45
Well, with RJ getting 45mins a game, not gonna be much PT behind him for Ian, Drake, or Seth...LOL

Now I am not expecting anything from Elijah Davis, I do expect a LOT of DNPs for him! LOL

• Haha
There is a lot to decipher here but EC only getting 15 minutes is laughable. Also, we’d have to go to OT every game for RJ to get 45, & there are only 8 min left for Drake & Ian to split, & I have no idea who Elijah Davis is.
I kind of took that post as a parody post but to your point on Cadeau, he will play at a min 25mnins a game, I suspect very near 30mins a game if not more. I listened to a pod cast yesterday that projected our starting line up. They had Tyson starting at the 4 for us and Drake starting at the 3? Now I am sold on Drake, have not always been so, but I don't see him starting this season at the 3 with Ian, Tyson, and Seth all looking for minutes there. He will for sure play and I think ends up with double digit minutes, to good a defender to not play. The same pod had Drake as our best defensive player and I agree, he will be better as a defender early on but Seth Trimble is our best defender by a lot.

I took the minutes breakdown as sarcastic parody, especially going down to half minutes for some and RJ playing more than 40 a game

Washington 25 minutes
Withers 21
Lubin 20.5 to 21.5
Claude 12
Cade Tyson 23
Trimble 21
Elliot C 15
RJ Davis 45
I’ll have whatever you’re on.

I kind of took that post as a parody post but to your point on Cadeau, he will play at a min 25mnins a game, I suspect very near 30mins a game if not more. I listened to a pod cast yesterday that projected our starting line up. They had Tyson starting at the 4 for us and Drake starting at the 3? Now I am sold on Drake, have not always been so, but I don't see him starting this season at the 3 with Ian, Tyson, and Seth all looking for minutes there. He will for sure play and I think ends up with double digit minutes, to good a defender to not play. The same pod had Drake as our best defensive player and I agree, he will be better as a defender early on but Seth Trimble is our best defender by a lot.
I hope Drake turns out as people think. I just didn’t see much from him in the few games we got to see. Ian is a boy dog for sure. And I agree with EC with around 25.

Washington 25 minutes
Withers 21
Lubin 20.5 to 21.5
Claude 12
Cade Tyson 23
Trimble 21
Elliot C 15
RJ Davis 45
Elliot 15 min, are you out of your mind?

Washington 25 minutes
Withers 21
Lubin 20.5 to 21.5
Claude 12
Cade Tyson 23
Trimble 21
Elliot C 15
RJ Davis 45
Time to take your meds.

• Haha
Claude Have Mercy could turn out to be an X factor that opens up our offense. Hopefully, his shooting remains very efficient and he spends his 15-25 minutes on the court as part of a fast-paced, open driving lane, share the ball O! I am gettin some good feelings about this team!

Reactions: 2000tiger
Washington 25 minutes
Withers 21
Lubin 20.5 to 21.5
Claude 12
Cade Tyson 23
Trimble 21
Elliot C 15
RJ Davis 45
Now that High is gone I see Claude getting about 4 mins per game assuming my original math checked out, with Brown picking up the slack to play about 25.

FYI, Elijah Davis is Hubert's son, he is a walk on.

I hope he thrives in our system and develops into a solid rotational piece! See no reason for even hopes to be negative!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT