ADVERTISEMENT

UNC-Elon 3/31/15

DF1972

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2006
UNC leads 4-0, bottom of the 1st. No hits, 3 walks, 3 errors.

Hunter Williams is pitching for UNC.

You beat me to it, DF! Here's what I posted in the other thread:

Live video feed

Don't know how many updates I'll do, but the Heels are off to a good start. Leading 4-0 in the 1st inning.

The Phoenix have had trouble finding the strike zone and committed three errors already. I saw one of them, which was a routine ground ball to third that was overthrown. A routine ground ball to second almost resulted in a similar error as well but the first baseman snagged the errant throw.

I believe Taylor Durham, son of the legendary voice of the Tar Heels, is on the call. Not as close as Wes, but you can still hear the similarities.

Good to see you, DF. Just like old times LOL! Hope you're feeling better and maybe enjoying this weather. I'm on the back patio watching my dogs run around and enjoying a nice bourbon while I watch the game.

UNC gives up a couple walks and a single that allows Elon to score. We head to the 2nd with the Heels up 4-1.

RH, glad you are here as well! We used to do the whole games with some "colorful" play by play. My back keeps me anywhere to 3-6 innings.
Take care.

Williams throws a gopher ball, Elon HR.

UNC leads 5-2, top of the 6th

UNC leads 6-2, top of the 6th thanks to 1 hit and 3 walks. Bases full of Heels, 1 out.

UNC leads 9-2, bottom of the 6th. UNC has scored 8 runs with only 1 hit.Walks and errors in a game of giveaway by Elon.

Heels score with 2 outs (6-4-3 double play) in the top of the 7th. Ramirez had advanced to third on the play, and Pate doubled to send him home.

Elon scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th thanks to a double, an outfield error (dropped ball), a triple, and a fielder's choice.

So we sit at 10-5 in the bottom of the 9th. Trent Thornton gets two fly outs and the last batter strikes out looking.

UNC beats Elon 10-5. Up next for the Tar Heels is a road trip to Clemson. First game of the three-game series is scheduled for 6:30 on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT