ADVERTISEMENT

UNC-Notre Dame Game 2 Thread

With 10 games to go, we’re 14-15, 20-20, in 5th place in a very mediocre Coastal. Barring a remarkable finish, Coach Forbes’ debut year has been underwhelming. I know we’re young, but I expected better than .500 ball. The jury’s still out on his hiring.

With 10 games to go, we’re 14-15, 20-20, in 5th place in a very mediocre Coastal. Barring a remarkable finish, Coach Forbes’ debut year has been underwhelming. I know we’re young, but I expected better than .500 ball. The jury’s still out on his hiring.
The hire is fine, the pitching staff is beat up can’t win without knowing who is your top 3. Inconsistent at plate this is not on Forbes, heck Fox would’ve struggled too. Forbes been here nobody else ever would’ve did any better.

Not sure I would call it a very mediocre division this year as much as teams in the ACC are beating up on each other weekend after weekend just like in the SEC!!!

12 teams make the ACC tournament and we are still in position to be one of those 12 which IMO would be a huge experience for all of our underclassman.... Obviously expectations were a little down at the beginning of the year when you considered all the newcomers and the injuries and protocols to some key pieces haven’t helped much either... Our lineup usually features 1-2 seniors, 4 sophomores and 3-4 freshman in the batting order!!! No matter how high you were ranked this is a grueling schedule for those young guys trying to play 36 conference games!!!

Unless Forbes would of gotten us to Omaha, which is still possible, some people would of question the hire just as people will question Hubert’s hire if we don’t make the Sweet 16 or Final 4 next basketball season!!

Unless Forbes would of gotten us to Omaha, which is still possible, some people would of question the hire just as people will question Hubert’s hire if we don’t make the Sweet 16 or Final 4 next basketball season!!
I acknowledged our youth. Every team has had to deal with injuries and the WuFlu. I don‘t think many of us expected a trip to the CWS and I don’t know anyone who expects the basketball team to make the S16/FF in Hubert’s first season. Both coaches will get a fair shot to make their mark.

But until they have success, it certainly isn’t unfair to say the jury is still out on them as HC’s. Remember, all UNC fans want them both to be successful. Time alone will tell whether they actually are.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
It has been a crazy year @Archer2 for sure and I agree we all want to be better than 20-20 but not sure if any other ACC team lost their projected Friday Night starter as we did with Lancelotti!! That’s huge all by itself as it changes everyone’s role on the pitching staff

Not sure I would call it a very mediocre division this year as much as teams in the ACC are beating up on each other weekend after weekend just like in the SEC!!!
Yeah, I wouldn't use the word mediocre to describe the ACC this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT