ADVERTISEMENT

UNC-UCLA Elimination Game Thread Sunday 3:00 pm

Let’s Go Heels

Keep Fighting, you never know in baseball what will happen!!!!
I guess I’m being over critical, but last night was a kluster buster on everyone’s part. I’m pulling for my Heels, but I’m not confident this team has the ponies to win three in a row. Now 2006 might. One observation I believe is accurate - I can’t recall a time when pitching staffs put the pitch into the dirt as often. It’s a constant challenge for the catcher.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I guess I’m being over critical, but last night was a kluster buster on everyone’s part. I’m pulling for my Heels, but I’m not confident this team has the ponies to win three in a row. Now 2006 might. One observation I believe is accurate - I can’t recall a time when pitching staffs put the pitch into the dirt as often. It’s a constant challenge for the catcher.
This team just needs one at a time and post season experience.

I’m not overly confident it can be done but this team is so young hopefully just being in an environment like last night will prove to be helpful as time goes along!!!

Reactions: Archer2
Ugly start this afternoon for Heels.... One has to wonder how much they have left after last nights heartbreaker

Keep putting it in play and hope for good things to happen for offense

5-0 headed to 2nd

Jarrod....I think your early comment is correct. I think they are playing for next year. Just not enough pitching depth to play in a format like this. We must have had some significant attrition this year.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Jarrod....I think your early comment is correct. I think they are playing for next year. Just not enough pitching depth to play in a format like this. We must have had some significant attrition this year.
Carlson, Alba, Lancelotti and Sandy have all missed part or most of the season... IMO those were 4 of the top pitchers that were expected to have contributed to the staff this year

10-0 in the 4th and looks like Forbes will go to the young arms as Cozart is coming into the game!!

This is beyond painful to watch. Real opportunity for a mercy rule. I hope we will not have to pitch position players.

ADVERTISEMENT