ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Cal. Game thread

Damn, kickoff is so close, but so far away. We have most of the pieces to have a good season, just have to wait and see. I think we will be ok.

We need to see some of Fed work some magic in the play calling. If Elliot protects the football and we establish the running game early, then I think we can win this one.

Reactions: lerario
We need to see some of Fed work some magic in the play calling. If Elliot protects the football and we establish the running game early, then I think we can win this one.
We've got to contain the Cal offense, and with the DT injuries, I fear we'll lack push on the DL, which will allow Cal time to pass.

We've got to contain the Cal offense, and with the DT injuries, I fear we'll lack push on the DL, which will allow Cal time to pass.

I think we need to force cal to throw the ball. Their passing game is still unproven and we know we will likely need to sell out to stop the run without our best DT’s. I would leave the corners on an island and let them go make plays while we create as much pressure up front as possible.

I think we need to force cal to throw the ball. Their passing game is still unproven and we know we will likely need to sell out to stop the run without our best DT’s. I would leave the corners on an island and let them go make plays while we create as much pressure up front as possible.
Give most teams time to pass, and they will cause you trouble. Those loaded Ds we had under Butch with Withers as DC made bad QBs look great as soon as Withers put us in the Prevent, because then we put 0 pressure on the QB.

We need to get some pressure on the QB.

Reactions: deandisciple
We made them one dimensional on offense last year, but they still torched us through the air. I still think that's the play though. Stuff the run and I'm confident we won't give up the same catastrophic plays this year. For one, Corey Bell won't be playing. Two, Fox and Carney should be able to generate good pressure off the edge. Carney is going to leave it all on the field before his suspension starts.

As we approach I'm starting to get more and more confident in our offense. Still think Elliot is a big question mark, and the OL as well, but there's no doubt there will be a lot more talent around him than at the end of last year. ARW is a legit stud, Dazz is an explosive play waiting to happen, Dyami by all accounts is special for a true frosh, TJ will be solid on 3rd downs, AW is going to run all over Cal, then Brown and Javonte are great depth there. And the TEs are solid.

Cal went 2-7 in a bad Pac-12 last year, with a lot of those losses being blowouts. They beat one team with a winning record. I get they return a lot of starters, but they aren't anything special. We should win this game.

We made them one dimensional on offense last year, but they still torched us through the air. I still think that's the play though. Stuff the run and I'm confident we won't give up the same catastrophic plays this year. For one, Corey Bell won't be playing. Two, Fox and Carney should be able to generate good pressure off the edge. Carney is going to leave it all on the field before his suspension starts.

As we approach I'm starting to get more and more confident in our offense. Still think Elliot is a big question mark, and the OL as well, but there's no doubt there will be a lot more talent around him than at the end of last year. ARW is a legit stud, Dazz is an explosive play waiting to happen, Dyami by all accounts is special for a true frosh, TJ will be solid on 3rd downs, AW is going to run all over Cal, then Brown and Javonte are great depth there. And the TEs are solid.

Cal went 2-7 in a bad Pac-12 last year, with a lot of those losses being blowouts. They beat one team with a winning record. I get they return a lot of starters, but they aren't anything special. We should win this game.

I wonder about Groves? Anyone heard anything about him during camp? When healthy he seems ver explosive

I wonder about Groves? Anyone heard anything about him during camp? When healthy he seems ver explosive

After the two major injuries to the same knee, it’s really hard to expect him to ever come back fully 100%. Having said that the word from teammates and around the program is that he’s working really hard and may play at some point this year.

Reactions: CarolinaBlue5
Depends on we play at Cal if I continue this with the game threads...
If we get mojo from this very early game thread, I suggest you start Get Well threads for all injured players. Maybe start them for all players who haven't yet been injured.

This is a big season for Fedora. Hopefully he starts it off with a big road win.

Heels are slightly favored by about 7... just to start the year off right, please bring home the "W".

I’d be interested in knowing how many starters tomorrow were starting at the end of the season last yr. My guess is we’re basically fielding an entirely new team due to guys coming back from injuries from last season plus normal turnover.

Antonio Williams is the real deal. The big hogs just need to open him up some space to work

Please run the ball...... YOU have a stable full of capable RBs... enough of the cute plays. Run the ball.... sweep left, sweep right, pulling whomever is necessary.

Reactions: uncboy10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT