ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs College of Charleston Prediction Thread --Wednesday, November 25, 6pm (ODDS UP!)

I was tempted to change my Over bet to Under because I doubt CofC can score enough to keep up their end of the scoring requirement. But it's the first game for a long time and this Carolina team is so talented that they may not need much help from CofC. So I'm not changing my bet.

GO HEELS!

Go ahead an make our day WWJD! Good luck my brother!

Odds
-19.5 UNC
Over/Under 146.5

The College of Charleston Cougars and North Carolina Tar Heels face off on Wednesday in a college basketball showdown at the Dean Smith Center.

The College of Charleston Cougars had a decent 2019 season but there wasn’t anything elite about it. The Cougars finished with a 17-14 record overall and during conference play they finished with an 11-7 record. The College of Charleston averaged 70.2 points per game while their defense gave up 68 points per game. Heading into this season the star of the show for the Cougars is expected to be Brevin Galloway who averaged 11.3 points per game. Galloway is also a strong defender and last season he had 69 steals. The College of Charleston also added Payton Willis who is a graduate transfer from the University of Minnesota. Last season with the Golden Gophers, Willis averaged 8.9 points and 3.6 rebounds per game.

On the other side of this matchup is the North Carolina Tar Heels who had a down year last year but the hope is they will be ready for a big rebound. Gone is Cole Anthony who was a star last year but Roy Williams has brought in the second-ranked recruiting class. Back is Garrison Brooks who finished last season averaging 7.9 points and 5.6 rebounds. With another offseason under his belt, the expectation should be that he can take another big step forward. The new big star on campus should be point guard Caleb Love who was the number two point guard recruit in the country. There has been a lot of comparisons to Cole Anthony.

The under is 8-2-1 in UNC’s last 11 games played on Wednesday. The under is 13-4 in UNC’s last 17 non-conference games.

North Carolina is the better team and they are going to make a big statement in this opening game. The Tar Heels are going to run up the score, the College of Charleston will have no answer, and that will lead to North Carolina winning this game and covering the spread. This is a game where North Carolina should get over 100 which makes the over a strong play too.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/teams/team-page.cfm/team/north-carolina

Projections must be posted in thread PRIOR to start of game.

Note: If you change your pick, please "edit" your initial post.

Charleston Cougars

11/25
6 PM EST

North Carolina Tar Heels

Grand Prize
Post Season Contest

Top 15 players in Contest #1 and # 2
ACC and NCAA Tournaments games through title game (contest continues even if UNC eliminated)
Prizes: 50-inch Flat Screen TV and other prizes TBD

Contest #1 Prizes

1st Place - 1-Year Subscription to Premium
2nd Place - 9-Month Subscription to Premium
3rd Place - 6 - month Subscription to Premium
4th Place-- 6- month Subscription to Premium

Contest #2 Prizes
1st Place - 1-Year Subscription to Premium
2nd Place - 9-Month Subscription to Premium
3rd Place - 6 - month Subscription to Premium
4th Place-- 6- month Subscription to Premium

Double Winners—subscriptions can be stacked not to exceed 1 year premium subscription.

Contest Rules

Grand Prize: Total points ACC and NCAA tournaments games through title game (contest continues even if UNC eliminated)
Contest #1: Total points for entire season
Contest #2: Reset: Total points after game #13 (subject to change due to COVID cancellation of games)

Bullet Points!
For the first 20 games, two (2) Bullet points will automatically be added for any player that forgets to post a prediction for a game. Thus, as long as a player posts a prediction for at least one game, he will receive 2 points for all games that he fails to make a prediction. This is applicable even if he does not make his first prediction until the 20th game of the season. In this case, he will still get 38 points for the first 19 games that he failed to make a prediction for. Bullet Points will be automatically added. You do not have to request them.

Points Awarded Per Game
18 pts--Max points, Double points game
6 pts--Partial points, Double points game
9 pts--Max points, Single points game
3 pts--Partial points, Single points game
2 pts--automatic points for any game missed (you failed to make a prediction) in first 20 games

CoC / Over

I was unable to get in due to site maintenance, at least it said that on my devices all afternoon. It is the under 8 TO in the 1st half. My picks would’ve been C of C & under, only because everyone else in the free world took UNC & over. If you still accept that great, if not I guess I’m out for this one.

I was unable to get in due to site maintenance, at least it said that on my devices all afternoon. It is the under 8 TO in the 1st half. My picks would’ve been C of C & under, only because everyone else in the free world took UNC & over. If you still accept that great, if not I guess I’m out for this one.
Same... I tried for hours to log in.

Dam it I have noticed over the years that Munkles is so good at this game so I thought I would follow whatever he guessed so early in the week I posted it but just noticed now that I had C of C and under but for some reason I apparently not pushed reply. What a dummy but at least it is a long season...

Dont feel bad .. I couldn't get in either .. site maintenance, Late afternoon is one helluva time to do site naintenance ..

No, they will do better than you (and me) as they will get two bullet points each.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT