ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs FSU replay

uncboy10

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2008
On ESPN right now as part of their top 25 games of 2016. Would be #1 in my book lol

I wish that I had a copy of the 1983 Peach Bowl (FSU 28-UNC 3).

My newly wed wife and I froze at the game...went out to supper, brought a bottle of champagne back to the room...and 9 months later my Peach Bowl Boy was born....

I'd like him, now at 32, to see that game since it is part of the family mythology.

Reactions: nolegeorge

My newly wed wife and I froze at the game...went out to supper, brought a bottle of champagne back to the room...and 9 months later my Peach Bowl Boy was born....

I'd like him, now at 32, to see that game since it is part of the family mythology.

Well,you enjoyed that day more ways than one.;)

That year was when we knew that Dick Crum was going to fizzle out into nothing. We started 7-0, then lost 3 in a row, then barely bear Dook to finish 8-3.

The team looked absolutely flat and bored playing FSU. The Heels by then had lost faith in Crum. The next 4 years under Crum, we got 5 Ws, 5Ws, 7Ws, and 5 Ws.

Bobby Bowden, conversely, proved himself an all time great.

For those of you not at that game...it was 18 degrees. Coooold!

Coldest game that I have attended, in degrees, but not in misery..(that would have been a rain game with temps in the 40's).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT