ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Notre Dame ACC Tournament game thread—Wednesday 10 March 2021

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
The Fighting Irish ALWAYS give Carolina a tough battle especially with their three point shooting and I expect another all out war tonight. Unlike most of the teams UNC has played this season ND has two bigs in the paint so that the easy baskets might not be so easy. Carolina’s freshmen point guards must keep their composure and not be shaken like they did in the second half against Duke when they were pressured. Hit their free throws and don’t have a slow start like they have in many games and let the cards fall where they may.

This nd team is extremely mediocre but their offense is Roy’s defense kryptonite. Still Unc has a huge talent edge where a loss would be extremely dissapointing.

I think we will or should thrive in the paint! Durham is a solid defensive big but Laweski, or however you spell it, plays like he’s about 6”6..he reminds me a lot of Hurt! We need to pound them inside! We need to guard the three..we probably won’t lol but let’s hope we do or they don’t shoot well

Ironically, a loss could end up helping us. We're currently projected a 9 seed, and a loss would (I imagine) bump us down to 10, which is much more favorable for upsets.

Either way, I expect a close game.

I think we will or should thrive in the paint! Durham is a solid defensive big but Laweski, or however you spell it, plays like he’s about 6”6..he reminds me a lot of Hurt! We need to pound them inside! We need to guard the three..we probably won’t lol but let’s hope we do or they don’t shoot well
We went very hard after Lashewski (spelling?) before he chose ND. He is a prototype stretch 4. I agree we have to make him pay on the blocks while on dee, because he will make us pay from 3 if he gets anywhere near the looks that Hurt did.

Better prioritize staying with him while they have the rock.

Reactions: CarolinaBlue5
Unlike Carolina except for Brooks and Black which are the only upperclassmen that normally start the Irish start 4 juniors and a senior and in a one and done loss tournament that experience could be the difference. Sure was the difference last night.

Should bludgeon them on the glass, hopefully that will be the overriding theme of the action, if we have another poor night shooting it.

Caleb should've just taken the shot after he beat his man with the shot fake

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT