ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Syracuse game thread—-Monday 1 March 2021

Well we lost this game many times tonight MANY! ! In 38 years of watching Carolina basketball This is the WORST absolute WORST collection of backcourt and wing players I have ever seen. They are ...take your pick from game to game either inept , incompetent at this level or wildly inconsistent.

Game after game after game with the turnovers and for ish shooting NOTHING out of the backcourt and when we need to have the ONE area that they do excel.... FT shooting.... Love misses both at the end. I am really done investing emotionally with this team. I want hem to win Saturday but they are so difficult to watch.

Like I posted on another thread.. it is a team of 12 average players. You pick 5 to start.. I pick 5 from the remaining 7 and neither 5 would be much different on the floor.

Reactions: Heelicious
Guys Syracuse is only 8-27 from 3. I know everyone loves to bang on the 3 point defense each game, but it IS and always WAS about our lack of offense.
Case in point: we got outscored 14-2 in the last 3:30 of first half....
followed by a 5:30 game time stretch second half where we scored 2 points.....
followed by another 5:30 game time stretch where we scored 4.....

unwatchable. Unacceptable. Our offense, I swear during these stages, it looks like we have five different guys from five different sports on the court at these times, who have never seen each other before, and who don't know the objective of the game. Then they assume the objective of the game is to pass it to the other team, or out of bounds. Nobody looks to score. Nobody can catch and finish inside.

If Brooks were legit, he'd catch the ball at FT line and make that jumper they give him all night long.... or better yet dump it down to another big for a dunk.

It is unfortunate Kerwin couldn't buy a bucket tonight. I get that it is a dome....but how much did these guys shoot beforehand? The basket is still same height and distance. I can't for the life of me understand why these guys are all master brick layers, when allegedly according to Roy they are good shooters while scrimmaging in practice.

I want the concept and tradition of Heels basketball to carry on this year, but I want the putrid BS effort we've seen in this game (except first four and last 2 minutes) - and in FSU first half, and against UVA, and Marquette....and GA Tech, and NCSU, and on and on and on.... to be OVER!

Someone talk me off the ledge and tell me how/why it will be better next year. Are Davis and Love going to magically turn into actual D1 basketball players? Guards? Both of their outside shots look totally broken. Davis shot way too flat. Love's shots are entirely random. Brick or airball or both back to back, followed by a more difficult shot for a 3 pointer. Infuriating

unwatchable. Unacceptable. Our offense, I swear during these stages, it looks like we have five different guys from five different sports on the court at these times, who have never seen each other before, and who don't know the objective of the game. Then they assume the objective of the game is to pass it to the other team, or out of bounds. Nobody looks to score. Nobody can catch and finish inside.

If Brooks were legit, he'd catch the ball at FT line and make that jumper they give him all night long.... or better yet dump it down to another big for a dunk.

It is unfortunate Kerwin couldn't buy a bucket tonight. I get that it is a dome....but how much did these guys shoot beforehand? The basket is still same height and distance. I can't for the life of me understand why these guys are all master brick layers, when allegedly according to Roy they are good shooters while scrimmaging in practice.

I want the concept and tradition of Heels basketball to carry on this year, but I want the putrid BS effort we've seen in this game (except first four and last 2 minutes) - and in FSU first half, and against UVA, and Marquette....and GA Tech, and NCSU, and on and on and on.... to be OVER!

Someone talk me off the ledge and tell me how/why it will be better next year. Are Davis and Love going to magically turn into actual D1 basketball players? Guards? Both of their outside shots look totally broken. Davis shot way too flat. Love's shots are entirely random. Brick or airball or both back to back, followed by a more difficult shot for a 3 pointer. Infuriating
I don't see how next year is any better.

I'm sure Sharpe will go to the NBA.

The two recruits coming in are not known for their shooting. Who will be the shooters next year beside Kerwin? No one.

Black will be back unfortunately.

I foresee the turnover situation getting better but that's it.

At least Platek will be gone.

Outrebounded Syracuse by 20 and still lost. This team flat out sucks and Roy Williams should be ashamed of the product he's putting on the floor. Just let the season end.
I can be pessimistic with the best of them... but, let's pump the brakes!

I don't see how next year is any better.

I'm sure Sharpe will go to the NBA.

The two recruits coming in are not known for their shooting. Who will be the shooters next year beside Kerwin? No one.

Black will be back unfortunately.

I foresee the turnover situation getting better but that's it.

At least Platek will be gone.
Dunn is ABSOLUTELY know for his shooting.😏
Now will it translate as a Freshman? Who knows.

Travis not to pick on ya BUT I LOL when I hear/ read this Sharpe to the NBA stuff. Yeah he can really rebound and he has a great motor...BUT he has ZERO offensive game, Not even a midrange shot. He is a poor FT shooter and misses a ton of shots around the hoop I LOVE the kid and think IN TIME he can be a special player. But God almighty this shows how poor the NBA is right now. To think there might be GMs that are wiling to pay him millions to ride the pine for at least two years while he develops his game is astonishing, BUT it could happen.

Travis not to pick on ya BUT I LOL when I hear/ read this Sharpe to the NBA stuff. Yeah he can really rebound and he has a great motor...BUT he has ZERO offensive game, Not even a midrange shot. He is a poor FT shooter and misses a ton of shots around the hoop I LOVE the kid and think IN TIME he can be a special player. But God almighty this shows how poor the NBA is right now. To think there might be GMs that are wiling to pay him millions to ride the pine for at least two years while he develops his game is astonishing, BUT it could happen.
I'm never one to claim to have inside information but I know a little about this one.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Sharpe returns.

Believe me, I 100% agree with you and believe he should return. I just don't think he will.

Couldn't watch the game. Looki g at the box score 4-20 from 3 again. When that is the case, the margin for victory is slim. Bad loss.

No one in the NBA sees Sharpe as a step in ready to play product. They see a kid that can be. The point is teams feel they can develop kids better then many colleges, especially bigs for the skill set they will need in the pros.

I've said this before, people who are focusing on Sharpe being ready now are missing the point. Where he will develop next year is the question he faces. A low 1st round to have and develop for 2 years from now is what gets him the NBA attention at this point.

Someone talk me off the ledge

Ah, you are in a ground floor office sir.

;) 🤣 ;)

I'm never one to claim to have inside information but I know a little about this one.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Sharpe returns.

Believe me, I 100% agree with you and believe he should return. I just don't think he will.
He will be completely out of the league in short order. Guys that can rebound with little offensive game are a dime a dozen.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Just not a good ball club. Lacking a consistent knock down shooter or 2. That’s been our biggest issue the last few years. Plus the lack of UNC quality talent in the senior and junior class on our roster has been a huge drain.

Ehh, agree to disagree he's been pretty solid all year with his shooting. He ain't great by any means but this is the worst night hes had all year. Doesn't help that literally NO ONE else on this team can hit a danm 3 pointer
It is his worst night but just bc u r the best shooter on a terrible team doesn't make u a great shooter.

Dunn and his Westover team lost in the first round of the 3-A Playoffs. Styles lost in the first round of 2-A. Not holding my breath

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT