ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Virginia Tech game thread for Thursday 11 March 2021

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I can remember 40 years ago while stationed at Castle AFB in California my wife and I decided to make the three hour drive up to San Francisco to see the musical the king and I starting Yuel Brenner as the King of Siam. About three quarters thru the show the King had to make a big decision about keeping the traditions of Siam going strong or to bring in the many modern ways of the western world. Because of this difficult decision he sang the song “It’s a puzzlement” and that pretty much sums up how I feel about this game.

Since Virginia Tech has only played TWO GAMES in the last 30 days how rusty will they be and what about their timing and chemistry be? They looked great against Virginia by driving the ball in the paint then kicking in out for wide open threes. Defending this offense has been very difficult for Carolina this season so hopefully they can find a way to at least slow it down.

Virginia Tech is not very big at all in the paint so again we all hope like UNC has done in the last two games while blasting Duke and Notre Dame that they own the boards and feed the bigs down low over and over again. To me the key will be if Love, Davis, Platek, Walton and Harris can hit enough threes to keep Virginia Tech out of a zone...

Since Virginia Tech has only played TWO GAMES in the last 30 days how rusty will they be and what about their timing and chemistry be? They looked great against Virginia by driving the ball in the paint then kicking in out for wide open threes. Defending this offense has been very difficult for Carolina this season so hopefully they can find a way to at least slow it down.

Virginia Tech is not very big at all in the paint so again we all hope like UNC has done in the last two games while blasting Duke and Notre Dame that they own the boards and feed the bigs down low over and over again. To me the key will be if Love, Davis, Platek, Walton and Harris can hit enough threes to keep Virginia Tech out of a zone...
And if we rebound and defend with the same enthusiasm.

Carolina is subbing 4 new players as they are not looking inside at all. Every shot taken by the Tar Heels so far has been jump shots. Virginia Tech is playing a solid man to man defense.

Zero touches by big men in the paint aside from a contested short range jumper. Defense not much better. Bacot not even a hand up on the three even though he was right there

Our starting lineup is not close to being our best lineup.
Should have used the same starting lineup as last night. Let Brooks come in off the bench.

I would also add to bench Black and basically play anyone else at the 3.

Walton is going to be better than Wayne Ellington if he sticks around long enough

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gd15nc
So easy for them on offense - one screen and a guy is free. We can’t even hold the freaking ball

Playtek, Black and Brooks would be so deep on the bench they would need a ticket to get in the game.

Harris second prayer shot not answered and Cottoor a three and another Carolina awful turnover at the second tv break 16-10. Bigs still have not got off a shot in close in 8 minutes of play.

ADVERTISEMENT