ADVERTISEMENT

UNC's 2023 Football Schedule Released

Especially in the fourth year of Mack’s regime, UNC shouldn’t have an issue winning 8 games. The league isn’t exactly a football powerhouse

So we play Clemson twice in three weeks (unless FSU) sneaks past them. Interesting.

Especially in the fourth year of Mack’s regime, UNC shouldn’t have an issue winning 8 games. The league isn’t exactly a football powerhouse.
Well TBH, we’re the antithesis of a football powerhouse ourselves.
So we play Clemson twice in three weeks (unless FSU) sneaks past them. Interesting.
I saw what you did there. 😎

Reactions: blazers
Especially in the fourth year of Mack’s regime, UNC shouldn’t have an issue winning 8 games. The league isn’t exactly a football powerhouse
Well, did you read Mack's response: "“When you see the ACC schedule tonight, you’ll see they didn’t do us any favors. It’s really, really difficult. We start tough and we finish with an unbelievably tough schedule. So I’m disappointed. I told them I didn’t like it. I didn’t think it was fair. But it is what it is and that’s what we got. So you’ll see what I’m talking about tonight. It won’t take long for you to figure it out."

More signaling that is it just nboit fair that people seem to think that Mack should be able to win more than a handful of games. If he can't get the job done, you need to remember that the schedule was not fair. Too much pressure on a kindly old man who is helping some friends keep high paying jobs.

Mack has preemptively sent the signal: I do not expect much from my team, and it is wrong, not fair, for you to hold me accountable.

Well, did you read Mack's response: "“When you see the ACC schedule tonight, you’ll see they didn’t do us any favors. It’s really, really difficult. We start tough and we finish with an unbelievably tough schedule. So I’m disappointed. I told them I didn’t like it. I didn’t think it was fair. But it is what it is and that’s what we got. So you’ll see what I’m talking about tonight. It won’t take long for you to figure it out."

More signaling that is it just nboit fair that people seem to think that Mack should be able to win more than a handful of games. If he can't get the job done, you need to remember that the schedule was not fair. Too much pressure on a kindly old man who is helping some friends keep high paying jobs.

Mack has preemptively sent the signal: I do not expect much from my team, and it is wrong, not fair, for you to hold me accountable.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. My fear is we finish .500 or worse and Mack will still be at UNC in 2024. I’m afraid he’s here until he resigns.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. My fear is we finish .500 or worse and Mack will still be at UNC in 2024. I’m afraid he’s here until he resigns.
I think he is oblivious to the signals he just sent. He is saying that his team cannot be up to the schedule it faces.

Usually when coaches talk this way publicly, their players respond on the field with the same defeatist/mediocre attitude and play.

And I do fear that even a losing regular season in 2023 will not get him removed because so many of the most influential basketball boosters and university administrators love him. Sally is their ideal for a football coach's wife, and Mack they find pleasant and charming. Those are their emphases for football.

In reality, I can see UNC not being expected to have the success of Clemson on the football field. And probably FSU when they have their act together. Football has just never seemed to be at that level of urgency in Chapel Hill. But I find it hard to believe that just because of brand that UNC shouldn’t be able to handle the rest of a fairly weak league in a yearly basis. Hopefully this year will tell us if UNC has any real designs on winning, or are the powers that be satisfied to just continue the walk down memory lane with Mack.

ADVERTISEMENT