ADVERTISEMENT

US Open

gteeitup

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2001
Columbia, SC
my favorite event...we’ll have night golf this year for us on the east coast.

pick your three and a score.

dustin
finau
schauffele

Watching this in 2008 was the most fun I've had watching golf alongside the 2019 Masters. I was lucky enough to play Torrey 3 weeks after the US Open in 2008 and shot a lovely 21 shots above my handicap. The rough was impossible, if you miss the fairway you're chipping out maybe 30 yards and not much more. Really looking forward to this weekend.

I'm going chalk at a course like Torrey. Big hitters and great iron players win here.

Dustin
Rahm
Brooks

Watching this in 2008 was the most fun I've had watching golf alongside the 2019 Masters. I was lucky enough to play Torrey 3 weeks after the US Open in 2008 and shot a lovely 21 shots above my handicap. The rough was impossible, if you miss the fairway you're chipping out maybe 30 yards and not much more. Really looking forward to this weekend.

I'm going chalk at a course like Torrey. Big hitters and great iron players win here.

Dustin
Rahm
Brooks

what, no Lefty? Like the minus eight, but I'll go with

Mickelson
Koepka
Matsuyama

i know how this typically works, but brooks and bryson are both even.

i know bryson finished before brooks, but who tf knows what the usga will do.

Wasn't much discussion on this thread, but I was really glad to see John Rahm win after getting pulled from the Memorial with a positive COVID test (when he was leading by six shots.)

what, no Lefty? Like the minus eight, but I'll go with

I think there's no way the winning score is that low. I like 3 under.
Looks like we split the difference, so it's a co-championship in low-score predicting. Hope we win something nice....and easy to divvy up.

And I have to say I should have won outright because the golfers beat themselves as much or more than the course did. With the score trending downward as it should have going into the final round, there were too many wasted opportunities to get off that damn 6.

Did anyone else notice how often a putt would diverge right at the cup? That seems like some intentional trickeration to me. If that happened two years ago, I would have bet good money that Rahm would have broken somebody's face.

Looks like we split the difference, so it's a co-championship in low-score predicting. Hope we win something nice....and easy to divvy up.

And I have to say I should have won outright because the golfers beat themselves as much or more than the course did. With the score trending downward as it should have going into the final round, there were too many wasted opportunities to get off that damn 6.

Did anyone else notice how often a putt would diverge right at the cup? That seems like some intentional trickeration to me. If that happened two years ago, I would have bet good money that Rahm would have broken somebody's face.

I don't follow golf as closely as I once did. Was Rahm a hothead?

I don't follow golf as closely as I once did. Was Rahm a hothead?
yes. One of the funnier things I've seen watching golf was at the Wells Fargo a year or two ago where one of the volunteers, some older guy, hoisted his 'quiet' card where Rahm could see him doing so during his backswing (as I recall). I thought he might turn around and murder the poor guy, steam was almost coming out of Rahm's ears. If you google, you'll find a lot of references to anger incidents.

They mentioned during the U.S. Open that he had worked on his anger issues.

Reactions: WhatTheHeel?
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT