ADVERTISEMENT

Video Game Tournament- Nintendo Region Nominations

tarheel0910

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Earth
Use this thread for your Nintendo game nominations. As a reminder, this covers all versions of Nintendo consoles and franchise games will be grouped as one entry. You can make an unlimited number of nominations. If you want to add games after your original post, do so in a new post. Don't edit your original post. Nominations will close tomorrow at 10:17 post meridiem.

Don't forget that this region is for all Nintendo systems. It looks like everyone (except me) has nominated only NES games.

Many of these listed already but my nominees:

Mario (Mario 3 is the best but Mario 2 is super duper underrated)
Goldeneye
Zelda
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Contra
RBI Baseball
RC Pro AM
Excitebike
Paper Boy
Tecmo Bowl
Duck Hunt
The track game where you actually run on the track - so ahead of its time
Bubble Bobble (don't judge me)
Ice Hockey
TMNT
Skate or Die
Double Dragon

I was a Sega kid so aside from Goldeneye, most of those games overlapped so I'll save most of my SuperNES games for the Sega division.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Super Mario Brothers
GoldenEye

The finals of this region better be those two, but for shits and giggles I'll also toss in:

Zelda
Duck Hunt
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Pokemon (GameBoy)
Ice Hockey
Street Fighter

Super Mario Brothers
GoldenEye

The finals of this region better be those two, but for shits and giggles I'll also toss in:

Zelda
Duck Hunt
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Pokemon (GameBoy)
Ice Hockey
Street Fighter
Those would probably be my top two in this region if forced to choose, but it's all about matchups. They'll have to be at opposite ends of the bracket. For some reason not everyone has nominated Goldeneye, which is just ridiculous. If it doesn't get the two seed it might face Mario before the finals.

Reactions: dadika13
I never played on any of the Nintendo consoles, but I think Donkey Kong should be arcade. There have been documentaries made about the arcade version and it was an arcade game first.

Props to everyone for not nominating that commie trash Tetris. Maybe there is hope for this board.

Props to everyone for not nominating that commie trash Tetris. Maybe there is hope for this board.
I was going to nominate it, but I think technically it should be in the other category. It was a computer game for a few years before Nintendo. Although it's best known for being a Nintendo game, so it could be acceptable here.

Mario Kart and Smash Bros should be represented separately from the Super Mario franchise IMO. Those are the two most popular games from the N64 era.

star Fox
Excitebike
goldeneye
Pokémon red/blue

Mario Kart and Smash Bros should be represented separately from the Super Mario franchise IMO. Those are the two most popular games from the N64 era.

star Fox
Excitebike
goldeneye
Pokémon red/blue
Remember the region is only eight deep. I didn't want half of it to be Mario games. Need some diversity to keep it interesting.

Many of these listed already but my nominees:

Mario (Mario 3 is the best but Mario 2 is super duper underrated)
Goldeneye
Zelda
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Contra
RBI Baseball
RC Pro AM
Excitebike
Paper Boy
Tecmo Bowl
Duck Hunt
The track game where you actually run on the track - so ahead of its time
Bubble Bobble (don't judge me)
Ice Hockey
TMNT
Skate or Die
Double Dragon

I was a Sega kid so aside from Goldeneye, most of those games overlapped so I'll save most of my SuperNES games for the Sega division.
Damn I loved some RBI Baseball

Remember the region is only eight deep. I didn't want half of it to be Mario games. Need some diversity to keep it interesting.

Mario is a juggernaut either way.

Star Fox will be the sleeper, that game is legit

I guess I'm the only one that liked Rad Racer.
Also enjoyed Cruisin USA and Cruisin World.

Alright. The votes have been counted. The seeding for the region is as follows:

1. Mario
2. Mike Tyson's Punch Out
3. Golden Eye
4. Zelda
5. Duck Hunt
6. TMNT
7. Tecmo Bowl
8. Excitebike

Tiebreakers were used to determine the 6-8 seeds. I will set up a separate thread for votes on the matchups.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT