ADVERTISEMENT

Video Game Tournament Setup & Rules

tarheel0910

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Earth
Alright guys, here's the setup and basic rules for the tournament. I decided to go with the regions being based on console type. I thought about setting it up by game type, but there are plenty of games that could fall into multiple game types and it's just easier to do it by console.

1. Franchise games will be combined as one entry. For example, all Mario games will be combined as one entry.

2. All versions of a console are counted. So the Nintendo region would include the NES, SNES, N64, etc.

3. Since we have a smaller number of posters participating, I'm going to do a bracket of 32 since I don't expect there will be enough meaningful nominations. In other words, not enough games with more than one or two nominations. If it turns out that there is enough to expand to 64, I will do that.

4. In the event of a tie, the highest selling game will be the winner. If those numbers aren't available, I'll use a random choice generator online.

5. Regions will be: Nintendo, PlayStation/Xbox, Sega/Atari, Arcade/Other. Those should cover the major consoles. I combined PS and Xbox, because most of their games are cross platform. Sega and Atari were combined because that's what I felt like doing.

6. Once I post the nomination threads, you will have 24 hours to nominate.

If you have any suggestions or complaints, feel free to let me know. Keep in mind they will all be ignored, because I don't care what you think. I will post the thread for the first region nominations soon.

• Love
Reactions: dadika13
Another thing I forgot to mention. The game should be nominated for the bracket it was most known for. For example, even though most of your time playing NBA Jam may have been on a home console, it's most closely associated with an arcade game. So, it would go in the arcade region.

Reactions: WhatTheHeel?
That can go in the arcade/other. Although, is there really one worth nominating? Maybe Microsoft flight simulator?
Sorry, I missed the "other" part. I've historically been a PC guy so to me there are a lot worth nominating, but maybe not to the others who will participate.

Will Pong be in the tournament? 😄

Reactions: tarheel0910
Sorry, I missed the "other" part. I've historically been a PC guy so to me there are a lot worth nominating, but maybe not to the others who will participate.

I was definitely going to nominate Pong. You can't have a video game tournament without Pong. Also, if anyone here was one of the 4 people who bought the 3DO system, that would be part of the other category.

You also cant rule out mobile device games. I played a game last year. Some of the people playing that particular game had paid up to 20k to be the elite in that game. There is hugh money in phone games

ADVERTISEMENT