ADVERTISEMENT

Visit updates

There is some context MIA here, I am sure and would agree, the kid would be considered as our main guy at the 2 or maybe the 3. But that does not mean that projection is for his freshman season because I can assure anyone, if Walton is here when this kid would be a freshman, Walton is our go to shooter and IMO if he isn't, Dunn would be, and Harris could be by then. But now by the time Taylor is a college Jr I could see him being a go to shooter and maybe our best option as outside shooter.

As for UVa, who I do think is our biggest challenge for the kid, you have to wonder, is the kid more offensively orientated or defensively, I suggest he has more a scoring than defending mindset and that may not fit UVa as well as what Hubert is looking to do for us. Most kids want to play more in more tempo higher scoring games than in so many that have a final score of 52-50.

"D" are these words of wisdom from the "silver lining" or the "grey cloud"?

;) :cool: ;)

Isn't Jalen Washington and Sean May both from Indiana? Could move the needle for us.
Sean was from Bloomington and Jalen is from Gary, not much of any connection whatsoever as a kindred spirit,"we're both from Indiana" between those areas. Actually if anything that would be a disconnect with how downstate Indiana views the region and GI especially.

A Region background (northwest Indiana) or even being from Chicago would/could work as a real advantage, not Bloomington. With that said Sean is perfect to recruit and connect with him, just not the hey I'm from Bloomington, we're Indiana kids part.

Last edited:
Sean was from Bloomington and Jalen is from Gary, not much of any connection whatsoever as a kindred spirit,"we're both from Indiana" between those areas. Actually if anything that would be a disconnect with how downstate Indiana views the region and GI especially.

A Region background (northwest Indiana) or even being from Chicago would/could work as a real advantage, not Bloomington. With that said Sean is perfect to recruit and connect with him, just not the hey I'm from Bloomington, we're Indiana kids part.
Yeah but... Sean is an Indiana HS legend and is the son of an Indiana University legend.

Yeah but... Sean is an Indiana HS legend and is the son of an Indiana University legend.
Yes he is, he has plenty to work with connecting, plenty., including those you mentioned. Trust me the we are both from Indiana is not one of them, unless it's hey UNC is not anything like southern Indiana reassurances from his first hand experience of each. Kids from Gary have a lot of watch your back if you have to go to Bloomington talks when driving there, do not stop for gas or whatever in Martinsville or the surrounding towns until you get to Bloomington. Southern Indiana and "The Region" could not be more opposite, and they do not hide their dislike of the Region Rats down there.

In fact IU RARELY get any Region kids for basketball. Crazy fertile area which Purdue, Louisville, Mich. St., Michigan, and places across the country load up on from there. IU almost never. You have to go back to Dan Dakich (parochial school kid)or Matt Nover ( very outskirts of what is NW IND, not considered "region" .

Last edited:

No real news but its nice to see him in the right shade of blue. Lively is also visiting dook and Kensucky this month. Michigan and Penn State are also in the mix. He'd be a great get!!

Up next is Jaden Bradley (June 15th), Seth Trimble (June 16th) and Isaac Traudt (June 27th), then D'Ante Green (whatever he rescheduled to).

Last edited:
Reactions: Archer2 and TheGLOV
So Lively liked the visit, enjoyed meeting the staff, liked what Hubert had to say regarding his development and play.
Love to have this kid but Penn St. is putting it on him too, as the home town thing goes.

Reactions: TheGLOV
So Lively liked the visit, enjoyed meeting the staff, liked what Hubert had to say regarding his development and play.
Love to have this kid but Penn St. is putting it on him too, as the home town thing goes.

Don't forget the Rat Lord disciple and Calamari. 🙄

Jaden Bradley had his visit today. I'd love a commit from this kid tomorrow morning (gotta let him sleep on it). I think he'd stay with us for more than one year and might be something special.

Reactions: gary-7
Was Tyler Nickel on campus yesterday for a visit? I thought I'd read he was going to visit the day after Trimble's announcement?

Speaking of which,... I have to think that Trimble choosing UNC helps with every recruit not named Bradley. Washington feels like a commit to us might be coming soon.

Seth "Make em" Trimble is gonna be very good for us!

Was Tyler Nickel on campus yesterday for a visit? I thought I'd read he was going to visit the day after Trimble's announcement?

Speaking of which,... I have to think that Trimble choosing UNC helps with every recruit not named Bradley. Washington feels like a commit to us might be coming soon.

Seth "Make em" Trimble is gonna be very good for us!

Pretty sure Nickel has not visited yet, however, Isaac Traudt will be visiting starting Sunday

Hearing Nichel really likes us, was happy to see out ENTIRE STAFF watching him recently. Seems clear that Hubert has moved away from Taylor and has prioritized Nichel and it sure didn't take Nichel long to set up his visit after he got the offer (which was interestingly timed the offer just before Taylor was to make his decision and rumors that UNC may have moved on from Taylor). Strikes me as if things are coming together for UNC and Nichel, how many days after he visits us do you think passes before we hear of an announcement coming from Nichel?

Hearing Nichel really likes us, was happy to see out ENTIRE STAFF watching him recently. Seems clear that Hubert has moved away from Taylor and has prioritized Nichel and it sure didn't take Nichel long to set up his visit after he got the offer (which was interestingly timed the offer just before Taylor was to make his decision and rumors that UNC may have moved on from Taylor). Strikes me as if things are coming together for UNC and Nichel, how many days after he visits us do you think passes before we hear of an announcement coming from Nichel?
When is his visit?

When is his visit?
Don't know that he has set and exact date yet, all I have heard is early fall, he is working the dates out. KNow he is looking to cut his list of offers early sept but not sure if he will do his visits before or after he cuts his list.

" In addition to talking about the teams showing interest, Nickel also revealed to London that he is thinking about visiting Virginia Tech, NC State, Iowa, Butler, West Virginia and North Carolina sometime in the Fall." from Fanside...

Who is this Nichel? Please get player's names right

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT