ADVERTISEMENT

VT makes super OL coach hire

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Wisconsin OL coach Joe Rudolph.

In at least one area, VT's 1st time HC is a lot smarter than Mack.

I'm sure Cereals is being tempted MANY college football teams.

170979081a6ca97437817f9af7515655.jpg

Never said he was being hired as the OC. I was stating that he was demoted as the OC, a year later, he moves on. Like the Wiscy folks are stating on their board -- they didn't fight to keep him.
Badgers fans have no idea what was done behind the scenes to keep him as OL coach in Madison. Beyond that, because the program has a now 30 year history of being built upon a run game behind a good OL, Wisconsin - unlike UNC - will have an easy time replacing a top OL coach.

What is pertinent is that Wisconsin OL play has been consistently tough, consistently smart. Rudolph has not produced the kind of soft crap that Searels produces and Mack tolerates. That means that Pry is trying to build a blue collar team based on all the things that made the Hokies so tough for 20 years.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Badgers fans have no idea what was done behind the scenes to keep him as OL coach in Madison. Beyond that, because the program has a now 30 year history of being built upon a run game behind a good OL, Wisconsin - unlike UNC - will have an easy time replacing a top OL coach.

What is pertinent is that Wisconsin OL play has been consistently tough, consistently smart. Rudolph has not produced the kind of soft crap that Searels produces and Mack tolerates. That means that Pry is trying to build a blue collar team based on all the things that made the Hokies so tough for 20 years.
I doubt Wisconsin lacks the ability to outbid the turkeys , if they wanted to keep him.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT