ADVERTISEMENT

Walker Kessler commits

Checking-in.jpg

Really nice way to end the night and start the week! It’s pretty sweet to have our post rotation locked in with two 5 star bigs two months before signing day!

It really looks like having Sharpe in the fold was very appealing to the Kessler’s as it allows Walker to come and play as a stretch big working inside and out. It can’t be said enough how beneficial it was to get on Sharpe early like Roy did.

I also we could point to Luke for the assist as it was his tape Roy showed him and where they saw Walker’s fit. I’m so excited about this post rotation of ours next year, it’s gonna allow Roy to have a nice deep rotation that he really likes.

Love this one, had heard all along that we were in better position than the sports media seemed willing to share, they were to busy pimping duke and auburn. We badly needed another big man to go along with Sharpe and this kid to me was the best fit available by far. FYI, consistently hearing we are in much better shape for another 5 star that would answer the question of who takes over after Cole leaves so hang on.

Now that we have our 2 big men locked in to this class, we need to lock up our next PG and we need jump shooting wings, give me CC, Bryce, and Puff...

Love this one, had heard all along that we were in better position than the sports media seemed willing to share, they were to busy pimping duke and auburn. We badly needed another big man to go along with Sharpe and this kid to me was the best fit available by far. FYI, consistently hearing we are in much better shape for another 5 star that would answer the question of who takes over after Cole leaves so hang on.

Now that we have our 2 big men locked in to this class, we need to lock up our next PG and we need jump shooting wings, give me CC, Bryce, and Puff...

Some of us were quietly optimistic on this kid. UNC checked all of his boxes, but what got me was Walker wanting a spot with a Kenan-Flagler business lean. Kid is smart and we are in for some real big time play with Sharp & Kessler, GO HEELS! Welcome to the Family, Walker!

David as I understand, you are correct, we are in good stead with another 5 star or two....:cool:

Excellent pickup right here! I am curious to see if Roy backs off Todd and Garcia now and focuses on the 1 - 3 positions.

Welcome aboard, Walker.

Reactions: TheGLOV
That makes two 5-star 2020 bigs whose skill sets compliment each other! Sharpe and Kessler going to be hard to handle. Great news! Plus senior Garrison Brooks and Manley in 2020. If Armando stays on another year... absolutely LOADED front court!!!

I already couldn't wait for this season to start. Now I can't wait for next year to start.

I also can't help thinking that this will be a great incentive for Love or Davis or both to commit. I mean what PG wouldn't be drooling to have targets like Kessler, Sharp and Brooks (and we might even still have Armando, although I don't think that's too likely).

Imagine being able to have 2 of those guys on the court all the time.

This is also great because until we pick up some more wing talent, we may be limited in our ability to go small next year even when we want to. Adding Zaire would obviously change that. But apparently we won't know if he's coming until next spring.

Final observation is that this looks like the biggest failure of the Crystal Ball since Zion picked Clemson.

How about this Big Blue lineup?

Love (or Jeremiah or Ant or RJ)
Leaky
Zaire
Sharpe
Kessler

Excellent pickup right here! I am curious to see if Roy backs off Todd and Garcia now and focuses on the 1 - 3 positions.

Welcome aboard, Walker.

I think this explains why Greg Brown has not heard much recently. I’d still love to have him, but I doubt he’ll be willing to compete with a stable of talented / experienced bigs. Ya snooze, ya lose.

That's crazy. I wonder if the staff is viewing Armando as a definite OAD. Looks like he could go either way to me. Kessler and Sharpe are both potential OAD as well. Possibly 3 5*s and 4 seniors next year. I don't see Garrison getting bumped and Manley still has the potential to be very good.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Wow! I look away for a short time and Ol' Roy pulls this rabbit out of his hat! I have said it before and I'll say it again, this kid just looks like he was built in a lab to succeed at UNC! I wondered aloud how someone with his size and skillset could look at us an puke and pick puke! I wonder how the naysayers can spin this one?

Welcome to the Family Mr. Kessler!

You could not have made a better choice!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT