ADVERTISEMENT

Walker Kessler entering transfer portal per his Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holmgren and Kessler together would be a real problem for peeps! I can't help but wonder which one would roam the perimeter and which would be in the post, however...hmmmm!

Reactions: Archer2
Since I am a nutjob, i am on a couple other message boards, this is from the other site, take it for what its worth, who knows ..
"I’m very close friends with a former Tar Heel star player. He is very close with a UNC assistant coach. Last night i was told that the situation is “ ugly “ . We are losing our entire front court with the 50% exception of one, and that one depends on whether intel suggests he’ll be a top 20 draft pick. Also “ highly likely “ our starting PG will enter transfer portal, and a key role player is also considering a transfer. I was told inroads were being made with a major incoming transfer who is a stud in the Big East. Apparently this kid has loved UNC his entire life. Don’t shoot the messenger, but my source has never given me false information. It’s panic time on the message boards so I’d figure I’d share a little information I was given. Oh and was told “ no way in hell “ Roy is quitting. More driven than ever to get this back to good"
"
If any of this is true, then it is all true. I won't shoot the messenger. Thanks for the information. If the Big East player in question is indeed Garcia then you can revisit my thread on Dawson Garcia back in February. I think He and his Family always wanted the Carolina offer, but then slow handed it for whatever reason and Kessler came out of nowhere to accept first. Most thought Walker was Dook bound.
Garcia is my favorite potential player and I hope every back channel imaginable is being pursued with him. Get him and set our sites on 1-2 Center possibilities is Bacot is also gone. TJD, Aidoo, Reid ect

It’s the hardest championship to win in team sports. If they keep knocking, they’ll break through. This was a very good Gonzaga team. They, Baylor, and UCLA are the early faves for next year. I really, really hope we keep Kessler. Two more years and he’s a top 10 pick.

JMO

It’s the hardest championship to win in team sports. If they keep knocking, they’ll break through. This was a very good Gonzaga team. They, Baylor, and UCLA are the early faves for next year. I really, really hope we keep Kessler. Two more years and he’s a top 10 pick.

JMO
Mark Few is a choker. His team was scared of Baylor. He'll never win the NCAA Tournament

You’re certainly entitled to that opinion, but I think you’re a member of a small minority in that regard. How long did it take Dean to win a title? Roy? Krazywhiskey?
They were all younger than Few is now. And Few had his chance this year and choked.

Ignorant statement at best.
Correct statement at worst! Smith was 51 when he won his first title. Krzyzewski was 44 and Williams 54. Mark Few is 58 and he looked defeated before the 2017 and 2021 championship games. He doesn't have the moxie or ego to win it all.

Reactions: UNC '92
Correct statement at worst! Smith was 51 when he won his first title. Krzyzewski was 44 and Williams 54. Mark Few is 58 and he looked defeated before the 2017 and 2021 championship games. He doesn't have the moxie or ego to win it all.
He doesn't have any eyebrows, either. It's like a freak show.

Reactions: bobcrane14
I don’t know buddy. I don’t think you turn an unknown school into a top 10 program and make the finals twice in 4 years, unless you have the requisite “moxie or ego” to win it all. I hope he wins one, think he deserves it.

You need to use how many years they were a head coach, not age. That's not a great measurement because it doesn't take into account things like how good the program was before they took over, competition, etc. It's still better than straight up age.

Since I am a nutjob, i am on a couple other message boards, this is from the other site, take it for what its worth, who knows ..
"I’m very close friends with a former Tar Heel star player. He is very close with a UNC assistant coach. Last night i was told that the situation is “ ugly “ . We are losing our entire front court with the 50% exception of one, and that one depends on whether intel suggests he’ll be a top 20 draft pick. Also “ highly likely “ our starting PG will enter transfer portal, and a key role player is also considering a transfer. I was told inroads were being made with a major incoming transfer who is a stud in the Big East. Apparently this kid has loved UNC his entire life. Don’t shoot the messenger, but my source has never given me false information. It’s panic time on the message boards so I’d figure I’d share a little information I was given. Oh and was told “ no way in hell “ Roy is quitting. More driven than ever to get this back to good"
"
Interesting to reexamine these predictions barely 2 weeks later.

Interesting to reexamine these predictions barely 2 weeks later.
Yep. Pretty much dead wrong. We have no top 20 picks yet are losing Sharpe anyway (unless that comment is referring to Bacot being a top 20 pick, which is even more ludicrous). Love is back, no role player transfer. Roy is gone, and at least so far no Dawson Garcia.

When are people going to learn that single elimination playoffs are small sample size theater and stop with the "choking" crap? Tiring for sure. Few is an absolutely awesome head coach.
I agree Few is awesome and Gonzaga gets an unfair rep due to their conference but lets cut the BS they absolutely choked this year. They were the overwhelming favorite all season long and from the beginning of the season people were talking about them running the table. If we can pile on UK in 2015 and Dook in 2019 for failing in similar circumstances we can definitely hold Gonzaga this year to the same standard

Last edited:
Reactions: bobcrane14
I agree Few is awesome and Gonzaga gets an unfair rep due to their conference but lets cut the BS they absolutely choked this year. They were the overwhelming favorite all season long and from the beginning of the season people were talking about them running the table. If we can pile on UK in 2015 and Dook in 2019 for failing in similar circumstances we can definitely hold Gonzaga this year to the same standard
Look at Kenpom. Gonzaga was 2.5 points better than Baylor per 100 possessions, or about 1 basket per 70 possession game. They played poorly in the championship but Baylor is also a fricken great team. Choking is losing to UMBC as a #1 seed, not this.

Losing by 16 with every player except Suggs looking scared from the opening tip when you're favored by 5 and supposed to have the best team since 2012 Kentucky is choking

Mark Few inherited a Gonzaga team that went to the Elite 8 in 1998 under Dan Monson. 23 years for Few. Just sayin'. I would not be so hard on him, but he won't take care of his teeth. Few looked nauseous for the entire game Monday night. He was in complete panic mode against UNC in 2017. He's a really good practice coach. He just can't win the biggest game. He doesn't even want to play in the biggest game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT