ADVERTISEMENT

We got our ass kicked by a storm with no name

Asheville got totally fukked. Swanannoa and Black Mtn are even worse. Chimney Rock has pretty much been wiped off the map. Haven’t had wifi or cell service since yesterday morning.

Finally bummed some wifi off the hospital and posted up in a camp chair to watch Carolina piss away the win. Watching them shit the bed from a FEMA disaster zone is definitely a new low.

Asheville got totally fukked. Swanannoa and Black Mtn are even worse. Chimney Rock has pretty much been wiped off the map. Haven’t had wifi or cell service since yesterday morning.

Finally bummed some wifi off the hospital and posted up in a camp chair to watch Carolina piss away the win. Watching them shit the bed from a FEMA disaster zone is definitely a new low.
Western NC is like New Orleans during Katrina. It's a mess all over this area too. Not as bad as Western NC, though... It's hard to believe how much damage was done there.

Western NC is like New Orleans during Katrina. It's a mess all over this area too. Not as bad as Western NC, though... It's hard to believe how much damage was done there.

A lot of people here still won’t realize how bad it is because cell and wifi is still mostly down. I’m lucky to have a spot where I can get wifi but most people are totally in the dark.

Helicopters and sirens are pretty much constantly in the background. It sounds like the beginning of an apocalypse movie.

Reactions: strummingram
A lot of people here still won’t realize how bad it is because cell and wifi is still mostly down. I’m lucky to have a spot where I can get wifi but most people are totally in the dark.

Helicopters and sirens are pretty much constantly in the background. It sounds like the beginning of an apocalypse movie.
This is one of the reasons I left the coast. Every fall is the same thing. This is the first one that's had a major impact this far inland since Hugo, I think.

I never knew Western NC was such a risk for flooding like that. I don't know if it's the placement of the escarpment or what. Stay safe.

This is one of the reasons I left the coast. Every fall is the same thing. This is the first one that's had a major impact this far inland since Hugo, I think.

I never knew Western NC was such a risk for flooding like that. I don't know if it's the placement of the escarpment or what. Stay safe.

Swanannoa is low and flat which I think is a big reason why it got crushed so bad. A lot of trailer parks which seem to have been totally destroyed. I’m guessing that’s where most of the fatalities will have been.

Biltmore has the French broad right behind it plus swannanoa river feeding into it. It’s basically right next to an intersection of two waterways. Swannanoa river floods during heavy rain anyways, so it crested the banks early.

They should’ve evacuated larger areas. They basically only suggested evacuation for historical flood zones but there’s a lot of people trapped in other areas because of the fallen trees and mudslides.

I know Old Fort got hit as well so I’m sure the Black Mountains got hammered. I don’t think I’ll be getting to make any pilgrimages up to Mt Mitchell until spring at the earliest. Idk how bad the parkway got hit but I won’t be surprised if chunks of it are missing.

Reactions: strummingram
461569085_10159826488916345_6182898843361211413_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT