ADVERTISEMENT

What will we look like 2022?

We've got plenty of talent. Unless we have multiple players who don't make the normal year over year improvements, then this should be a team that makes a super regional. I think it would be a bad look for Forbes if we can't do that with what we have.

Reactions: osjr
We've got plenty of talent. Unless we have multiple players who don't make the normal year over year improvements, then this should be a team that makes a super regional. I think it would be a bad look for Forbes if we can't do that with what we have.
That’s what I’m wondering. Fair or unfair, he’s been part of the Big Picture a long time.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Obviously biggest holes that will need to be filled are Friday Night Starter and CF…. I know Justice struggled down the stretch at the plate but you knew who was going to be penciled in to man the outfield on a daily basis…

Hopefully we can find an everyday 1B and 2B instead of what seemed like a rotating door at those positions this year!!! Not exactly sure where Will Stewart can play but maybe he slots in at First…. Obviously we need all the other position players to be more consistent at the plate to help out the pitching staff…

Lost quite a few key contributors on the staff this year to injuries so we need them to stay injury free even over the summer so they can work on improving… Obviously IMO Lancelotti will be the biggest piece to get back but also think Carlson and Alba have potential to be in the weekend rotation!!!

Not sure what we have coming in on the recruiting cycle this year, hopefully we won’t lose any of our recruits to the MLB draft in a couple weeks…. Last but not least we need someone to step up and replace Tessar who in my opinion was the leader of the team this past year with all he had experienced during his time in Chapel Hill…

Lineup could be:
1B Stewart
2B Wilkerson
SS Seretti
3B Horvath
OF Roberts
OF Zarate
OF ??
C Frick

SP Lancelotti
SP Carlson
SP Alba
SP Sandy

RP O Brien
RP Pry
RP Rapp
RP Ollio
RP Gillian (if he decides to come back)

Some doubt as to Lancelotti and Carlson being ready post surgery. Alba is in Transfer Portal, along with Roberts. Seretti is at least 50/50 to get drafted.
guys with starting experience on the mound would be Sandy, Ollio, Cozart, Rapp.

Some doubt as to Lancelotti and Carlson being ready post surgery. Alba is in Transfer Portal, along with Roberts. Seretti is at least 50/50 to get drafted.
guys with starting experience on the mound would be Sandy, Ollio, Cozart, Rapp.
And the portal storyline is …?

Reading Draft projections, looks like 2 of our top recruits are projected to go in the first 2 rounds :.(

Tar Heels Set for 2021 MLB Draft​

With the 2021 MLB Draft set to begin Sunday in Denver, a handful of North Carolina players and commits are on the brink of achieving their lifelong goals of being selected by a professional franchise. Here’s a closer look at the five players who are currently on the Tar Heels’ roster or are committed to the program and are gaining significant draft interest. (Boshamer Bulletin)

this should be a team that makes a super regional
i-dont-wanna-toot-my-own-horn-beep-beep.gif

ADVERTISEMENT